• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2023 General Discussion

Spartman

0.87" of rain with the overnight/early morning convective line. Coupled with the 2.41" from way earlier put the 30 hour total at 3.28". I kind of hit the jackpot as KIND only had 0.58" and KLAF 1.53".  Damp here for the moment.

24 minutes ago, smoof said:

1.5" overnight, at 10.5" in July here now! started the month with a 3.5" tsunami july 1st in 40mins.

Wow, what a month over there!  People from southern MN to northern MO are begging for rain.  That bad spot in northeast Missouri has received less than 2" of rain over the last 60 days.

Up to a likely final total of 5.61" for the month in DeKalb and 9.24" for MJJ. 2.32" for the 24 hour stretch between early Friday morning and late Friday evening. May and June were dry but not as dry as points north and west have been.

3 90's for the year to date (6/24, 7/27, 7/28).

4 hours ago, Chinook said:

Drought to 200% rain describes Michigan, Chicago, parts of Ohio

drought to 200 percent.jpg

Looks very accurate for MBY.  Dark green at around 125% with many surrounding areas in the blues with around 200%+.  I am surprised it has caught the local hole I am experiencing.  But at least it's wet unlike last year which was extremely dry.  

45 minutes ago, bowtie` said:

To be fair, August and September are supposed to be the smokey months. That June smoke was the out-of-box stuff. Very understandable why everyone is sick of it already though.

To the best of my recollection, I never recall a "smokey season" until about 2017. The only other instance of smoke I can recall was early July 2002, which was generally all aloft. It was rare enough of an event that all of the local meteorologists and Weather Channel were making a big deal out of it, which is how I remember the general date.

I mean it used to be hazy and smoggy frequently in July and August up to about 2009. That has been greatly reduced. But wildfire smoke - can't say I remember that.