Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2023 General Discussion

Spartman

2 hours ago, SchaumburgStormer said:

Only 1.44" over the past few weeks out here. Still got some pretty deep soil moisture deficits 

I think the difference is the areas that took 3-5" over the 4th of July weekend. We were in that zone.

1 hour ago, cyclone77 said:

Yeah sure looks like we are go for a massive MCS moving through Iowa tomorrow morning. :thumbsup:

Except the front has pushed southward, into far southern Iowa, this evening (dew point has dropped here), and now the models are adjusting the MCS south as well.  The model hot spot is now west-central to south-central Iowa.  Hopefully, we can get something.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, hawkeye_wx said:

Cyclone has managed to get another inch of rain overnight before I've seen any.

I really hope all the heavy stuff moving in from the west doesn't suddenly crash south into the juicier air, leaving me with just a few hours of light rain.  That's what I'm afraid of.

Hopefully your area does well with the WAA wing downpours and nice comma head action.  Sometimes heavy comma head rains are a bit under-modelled.  

1 hour ago, hawkeye_wx said:

Cyclone has managed to get another inch of rain overnight before I've seen any.

I really hope all the heavy stuff moving in from the west doesn't suddenly crash south into the juicier air, leaving me with just a few hours of light rain.  That's what I'm afraid of.

I feel yah.  Seems like the rich keep getting richer in this pattern.  Hopefully todays system breaks that trend for us poor folks :lol: