• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Summer 2023

The oranges and reds are coming to get us. Look at the lineup of dots; it makes me think of two armies but we have no defense so I guess it is a bloodless takeover not a battle. I looked all the way out west and it seems all the dots are under 200 this time so we must consider ourselves lucky. Just in the last 10 minutes, Williamsport's dot went from 37 to 44 and from green to yellow.

chrome_screenshot_1689546931567.png

Can’t really remember a bigger forecast bust this year than we’ve had the last 2 day. Two flood watched and less than .3” total rain and zero today. 

Cane back from Pittsburgh tonight and came across zero rain and few clouds. There are some just east of Harrisburg but they’re not rain ones. 

10 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Thanks for sharing, one of my happy places. Can't wait to go back in the fall.

Only our second visit for whatever reason and with two huge events we couldn’t do anything around downtown so had to stay in the South Hills. Driving SUCKS there with the wild hills and blind turns over them … no idea how they function when winter actually exists. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, canderson said:

Only our second visit for whatever reason and with two huge events we couldn’t do anything around downtown so had to stay in the South Hills. Driving SUCKS there with the wild hills and blind turns over them … no idea how they function when winter actually exists. 

Lol cause we get shut out in winter! Bro-I was visiting my parents this weekend in south hills (bethel park)! The warm tongue of death is the heart in that municipality! :lol:

• Like 1

Smokey this morning...

Monday morning question - heard this on the radio on my way to work and thought I'd share...what is your ideal high temperature?

Mine: 25. Chilly, not super cold but cold enough for snow to stick to everything with a storm going under or east of us. Without snow, invigorating to be out in. 

I suspect I might be lower than most...

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Smokey this morning...

Monday morning question - heard this on the radio on my way to work and thought I'd share...what is your ideal high temperature?

Mine: 25. Chilly, not super cold but cold enough for snow to stick to everything with a storm going under or east of us. Without snow, invigorating to be out in. 

I’ll say 27 for my ideal high temperature.

Your words in this post made me really look forward to Winter!

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

My first thought was 28...meh, then I'm getting worried as it's too close to 30. And 30 is too close to 32. :) 

Mine really depends on the wind :-).   With no wind then low 30's...with wind then 50-60. 

Smokey here as well. 

44 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

I need the Fall count down tracker!

image.png.f14fb172683878fab0b15f663eb6aa32.png

• Thanks 2

Low of 67 and a three-day rain total of .16".  Should be a pretty classic mid-summer type of week.

The national high/low are especially notable today for (1) the extreme nature of the high and (2) the first time in a looooong while and perhaps since last summer that I've seen a low above freezing.  Anyway, the winners were 128 at Death Valley and Stovepipe Wells, CA and 34 at 'ol reliable Peter Sinks, UT.  

We received a total of 1.23" of rain over the weekend in East Nantmeal. A bit hazy again today thanks to our friends to the north. Temperatures will top out in the upper 80's for most of the county but humidity levels will be lower than yesterday. Rain chances increase again by later tomorrow and again on Thursday and Friday.
Records for today: High 100.5 (1900) / Low 46 (1976) / Rain 1.81" (2018)
image.png.ac9d871c91d2663d039ef1a831501e14.png
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Smokey this morning...

Love the snow, but if it isn't going to snow, I like a 80F high with a 60F low with DPs in the 50s. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

My perfect day:  65, partly to mostly sunny, DP 50, and a slight NW breeze.

Do better. I need to know what "slight" means! :) 

9 minutes ago, Superstorm said:

Love the snow, but if it isn't going to snow, I like a 80F high with a 60F low with DPs in the 50s. 

Hmm - that really is a nice day...

• Haha 1

On the same page with many here.. In winter (or any time snow is possible) I’m in the invigorating mid-20s camp for ideal temp... outside of winter give me those mid-60s.. picturing those October sunny days that lead to crisp evenings and temps dropping like a rock.. hoodie weather.. also those spring/summer days where you get a reprieve from heat with a socked in easterly flow and a nice steady rain.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Jonesy56 said:

On the same page with many here.. In winter (or any time snow is possible) I’m in the invigorating mid-20s camp for ideal temp... outside of winter give me those mid-60s.. picturing those October sunny days that lead to crisp evenings and temps dropping like a rock.. hoodie weather.. also those spring/summer days where you get a reprieve from heat with a socked in easterly flow and a nice steady rain.

PAweather 540 line soon to be there. :D

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

How about 7mph with gusts to 14.

Perfect!

29 minutes ago, Jonesy56 said:

Each of those scenarios sounds really nice...

16 minutes ago, paweather said:

PAweather 540 line soon to be there. :D

Please...I am begging you...no wishing for Halloween snow this year. Don't jinx another winter! :) 

• Haha 3