• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Central PA Summer 2023

Saturday was dumb luck or whatever you want to call it - there was plenty of moisture around but we just couldn't score.
Sunday never felt like it was our day - from very early on, it seemed...obvious that it was going to be a far eastern PA event. CTP "admitted' they extended the watch for continuity and allowed for any storm that did form/hit could have contained a torrential downpour. 
If they hadn't issued the watch on Saturday I highly doubt one would have been issued for Sunday alone. 
We do best with absolutely no expectations

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mahantango#1 said:

Yes he can get quite arrogant at times!

FYP

Send some of your rain south please..(and west from what I've just read).

Since its the lawn thread, my lawns ok, but would like a little more qpf please and thanks. 

Last 2 weekend were a lot of hype w/ little in the way of fanfair (regarding the broad wet looks that were being touted on some of the models (moreso in the mid/short term- which doesnt bode well for upcoming winter shenanigan's).  I even cancelled a trip to WVA on the bike w/ my wife as we were leary of too much rain being advertised.  

Hope ya'll r having a dandy summer.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pasnownut said:

FYP

Send some of your rain south please..(and west from what I've just read).

Since its the lawn thread, my lawns ok, but would like a little more qpf please and thanks. 

Last 2 weekend were a lot of hype w/ little in the way of fanfair (regarding the broad wet looks that were being touted on some of the models (moreso in the mid/short term- which doesnt bode well for upcoming winter shenanigan's).  I even cancelled a trip to WVA on the bike w/ my wife as we were leary of too much rain being advertised.  

Hope ya'll r having a dandy summer.

I'll try to send some south and west. We had a little too much in a little over a month, especially for my potatoes. They are planted in the bottom land Next to creek. It's kinda too wet the last several weeks in there.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I just read an Arizona story of 6-10 people being taken off a taxing Delta plane because it was on the tarmac too long with no AC.  

No place in the world better to read up on this than New York's Hometown Paper!

https://nypost.com/2023/07/18/delta-passengers-pass-out-waiting-for-takeoff-in-las-vegas-during-heat-wave/

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I hope you're right and I hope you do. CTP's just update AFD all but removed rain for any of us. 

Every model except the GFS and Fv3 shows rain for some of the LSV tonight.  Weird to remove it.  The Nam, not on a hot streak, drops 1" in Lanco.   Even Dr No has LSV rain.   The 3K suggest FFW's should be posted with near 2" in some locations. 

Every model except the GFS shows rain for much of the LSV tonight.  Weird to remove it.  The Nam, not on a hot streak, drops 1" in Lanco.   Even Dr No has LSV rain. 
I'm still at 30% chance. Their AFD does talk about chance as well

5 hours ago, Voyager said:

Desert nooners out west...

112 degrees.

2 hours ago, Superstorm said:

Ridiculous.

So the official Phoenix high at Sky Harbor was 118 which officially broke the consecutive days of 110+ record.

Here in my backyard in Sun City, we were one degree cooler at 117... :shiver:

• Like 1

So the official Phoenix high at Sky Harbor was 118 which officially broke the consecutive days of 110+ record.
Here in my backyard in Sun City, we were one degree cooler at 117... :shiver:
There was that airport on the Persian Gulf two days ago that hit 109/90 or something close to that. It's heat index was 156

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Every model except the GFS and Fv3 shows rain for some of the LSV tonight.  Weird to remove it.  The Nam, not on a hot streak, drops 1" in Lanco.   Even Dr No has LSV rain.   The 3K suggest FFW's should be posted with near 2" in some locations. 

FWIW  - MU is mentioning showers late tonight and early tomorrow. CTP still says showers ending by late tonight.

• Like 1

Had a quick hitting, small cell go right over us to the tune of close .2".  Largest rain in 10 days.  3.05" now in the last 40ish days.  Looks like a lot of the central part of Lanco got smashed when that same small cell turned into a large complex.... with some over 1" totals on WU.   Every bit counts when looking at the GFS for the next 2 weeks. 

• Like 2

Had a quick hitting, small cell go right over us to the tune of close .2".  Largest rain in 10 days.  3.05" now in the last 40ish days.  Looks like a lot of the central part of Lanco got smashed when that same small cell turned into a large complex.... with some over 1" totals on WU.   Every bit counts when looking at the GFS for the next 2 weeks. 
Thursday night I still have 70% pops. Looks like the further south the better till then.