Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Summer 2023

9 minutes ago, canderson said:

How many 90+ days can MDT hit? 

How many mows will @Itstrainingtimeget in this season? 

How many bad quality beers will @sauss06consume? :mellow:

Starting off in an air quality alert and temps probably hit 90 today. Rain coming tomorrow thank the lord. 

Summer almost 1/6th over too.   Today is the warmest day on the entire 6Z GFS run.   48 for the low...making it 8 of the first 10 days of summer with lows in the 40's.  Air Quality Alert for the Eastern/Southern LSV today.  Globals  have rain 3 of the 5 days next week.   Mow #8 coming this afternoon...to even out the stuff that has grown.  Most grass will not get cut though. 

33 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Summer almost 1/6th over too.   Today is the warmest day on the entire 6Z GFS run.   48 for the low...making it 8 of the first 10 days of summer with lows in the 40's.  Air Quality Alert for the Eastern/Southern LSV today.  Globals  have rain 3 of the 5 days next week.   Mow #8 coming this afternoon...to even out the stuff that has grown.  Most grass will not get cut though. 

I’m still on 7. It’s dead but maybe wakes up Tuesday.  

I believe seasons have changed so September will be hot and October warmer than May. 

It may rain portions of the next 8 out of 10 days but so little we end up just about average for those 10 days. We need a double digit rain month to get close to normal.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, canderson said:

I’m still on 7. It’s dead but maybe wakes up Tuesday.  

I believe seasons have changed so September will be hot and October warmer than May. 

I am being optimistic with the rain not faltering tomorrow (though some mesos are a bit spotty) and going to keep the deck high.  Just clean up the weeds in areas that have not been mowed for about 3 weeks.

Yea, Sept was especially hot in the mid and late 2010's as shown below.  With the current Norm mean temp being 67.9, it has been fairly close to average in 2 of the 3 2020's years but BN wise we have not had a decent below norm Sept since 2013.  10 years in a row of AN or within .5 of Norm. 

image.png.cceb948debb15b1eb21ab4d8611817b1.png

3 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

It may rain portions of the next 8 out of 10 days but so little we end up just about average for those 10 days. We need a double digit rain month to get close to normal.

Yea, not saying/seeing drought buster but the grass will start growing if it rains every few days. 

26 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I am being optimistic with the rain not faltering tomorrow (though some mesos are a bit spotty) and going to keep the deck high.  Just clean up the weeds in areas that have not been mowed for about 3 weeks.

Yea, Sept was especially hot in the mid and late 2010's as shown below.  With the current Norm mean temp being 67.9, it has been fairly close to average in 2 of the 3 2020's years but BN wise we have not had a decent below norm Sept since 2013.  10 years in a row of AN or within .5 of Norm. 

image.png.cceb948debb15b1eb21ab4d8611817b1.png

So, according to this, we are due for a cool September.

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

I also like counting down the amount of Summer that we are already done with to this point.

We should have one of those continuous countdown clocks running at the top of every page on here with how many days, hours & minutes of Summer remain.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

I also like counting down the amount of Summer that we are already done with to this point.

We should have one of those continuous countdown clocks running at the top of every page on here with how many days, hours & minutes of Summer remain.

https://www.calendarr.com/united-states/countdown/1-september/#:~:text=There are84Days20,44Secondsto1 September!

I know a skook and a resident of upper Dauphin County who would not like this countdown.  LOL. 

image.png.ce0d75337cb664f3f1cbc79e2256d33d.png

• Haha 1

Today will be our first above normal temperature day since last Saturday. In fact it may end up being our warmest day we see in the entire month of June. We should see lower to mid-80's for much of the county. The great news is that rain will be moving in tomorrow with both the European and GFS showing over an inch of rain for much of the county! Temps look to average normal to slightly below for much of the rest of the month of June.
Records for today: High 96 (1920) / Low 40 (1988) / Rain 3.30" (1968)
image.png.4f33694a528702758b606fd019c3b565.png

Can’t remember how long 322 was closed in 2013 but same thing. It took Atlanta more than 6 weeks to repair I-85 when it collapsed. 
If this repaired and open by September 1st I'll be shocked. The turnpike to 476 or 295 are the best ways to go around. Regardless those routes are about to see a massive increase in traffic with people possibly unfamiliar with their traffic patterns. Just seems like a recipe for many many more accidents than normal this summer compounding traffic woes.

20 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

476 is already a nightmare with traffic. Can you imagine next few months?

Will change life for people there.  I saw this jokingly but its real news, Rouzerville is closed right now.  The intersection in front of Sheetz has multiple emergency equipment and people on Route 16 are being take off to other roads.