• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Summer 2023

Some rain now falling in Maytown.

I'm probably going to look incredibly foolish but it still looks to me like a lot of areas in the SE part of our area (much of Lanco, parts of SE York counties) don't really see much if any rain until the front itself arrives later. There just isn't anything moving up from the south/southwest towards those areas.

Am I alone in seeing this? 

9 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Some rain now falling in Maytown.

I'm probably going to look incredibly foolish but it still looks to me like a lot of areas in the SE part of our area (much of Lanco, parts of SE York counties) don't really see much if any rain until the front itself arrives later. There just isn't anything moving up from the south/southwest towards those areas.

Am I alone in seeing this? 

It is certainly light and scattered now.  3K has a strong line coming through early afternoon while HRRR builds that link up east of the LSV.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, canderson said:

.03" so far today. Dry under any vegetation/trees. 

Same here in East York. A couple minutes of some very light rain and that was it. 

On a related note, I haven’t yet seen any fireflies here this season. Most years they’re here by early June and some years as early as late May. I’ve been loving the chilly overnight lows and the low dew points, but I’m sure that’s contributing to the delayed firefly season (or lightning bugs, as the kids around here call them). Pains me when anything abbreviates their season since they’re already in significant decline. 

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

The line just coming into Franklin County is a solid soaker if it holds together for all of us.  Embedded down pours. 

image.png.7789f05d8510053def6ab4eb0ae67fec.png

That line appears to be "the line" that I was referring to earlier and concerned that it might be the only show over this way. (which of course is proving to be mostly wrong...although nothing measurable has fallen here at work yet.)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

That line appears to be "the line" that I was referring to earlier and concerned that it might be the only show over this way. (which of course is proving to be mostly wrong...although nothing measurable has fallen here at work yet.)

I'm at .13" already and currently pouring.  Nice start.

• Like 1