• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Central PA Summer 2023

When you get very little rain and sarcastically declare the drought over...sometimes followed up by ark jokes.  Sometimes a good sarcastic post deserves follow up recognition. 
Haha, ok that's good.
This does seem to possibly be over preformimg your expectations

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Jns2183 said:

You have me watching the radar more for your home then my home anymore

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

It is not my intention to complain.   .01 here giving me 2.86 in the last 40ish days.   Tonight's chances seem much less widespread.  GFS still dry overall/long-term concentrating precip where it is not needed in NE PA. 

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

It is not my intention to complain.   .01 here giving me 2.86 in the last 40ish days.   Tonight's chances seem much less widespread.  GFS still dry overall/long-term concentrating precip where it is not needed in NE PA. 

I'm close to 11" for the same time period. I can't believe the difference. 

Some chances for showers and t-storms return late this PM but a better chance by Thursday into Thursday night. But not a washout as we should see some sun each day. Of note today the average temperature is 75.7 degrees - this is on average the warmest day of the calendar year. Beginning tomorrow we begin trending down in average temperatures reaching our coldest average day on January 21st at 24.6 degrees.
Records for today: High 100 (1900) / Low 51 (1976) / Rain 2.61" (1903)
image.png.c3938e1e8d64c6b83a692c5c91b66929.png
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, mahantango#1 said:

DT is sounding the alarm!

*SERIOUS WX THREAT*
Ground is SATURDATED in New England /eastern NY/ north NJ /eastern PA. PAY ATTENTION TO THE DAMN FORECAST

I wonder if DT realizes that when he makes posts like that, he's actually turning more people off to him than what he's intending...

20 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

A ways out there, but right now the timing of the upcoming refreshing air mass looks to sync perfectly with the weekend. 

Looking forward to it.

10 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I wonder if DT realizes that when he makes posts like that, he's actually turning more people off to him than what he's intending...

I think he is way past worrying about his actions.  LOL.

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Looking forward to it.

I think he is way past worrying about his actions.  LOL.

Correct.

One thing I've learned about people working with them on a daily basis is that there are a lot out there that don't care what others think of them. I can't relate to that. Not saying it's right or wrong but I'm just not cut that way. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Correct.

One thing I've learned about people working with them on a daily basis is that there are a lot out there that don't care what others think of them. I can't relate to that. Not saying it's right or wrong but I'm just not cut that way. 

I am just glad we have a new word to replace forst.  Saturdated:  When it rains so much that another day needs added to the calendar to let it drain. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

I've received .03" over the past 3 days of flash flood watches and heavy rain predictions. I did very well prior to those forecasts. 

These past FFW's were a pretty big bust for most.  Do not blame them for using meteorology instead of just modelogy but there was not a lot of model support for their decisions. 

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

These past FFW's were a pretty big bust for most.  Do not blame them for using meteorology instead of just modelogy but there was not a lot of model support for their decisions. 

Saturday was dumb luck or whatever you want to call it - there was plenty of moisture around but we just couldn't score.

Sunday never felt like it was our day - from very early on, it seemed...obvious that it was going to be a far eastern PA event. CTP "admitted' they extended the watch for continuity and allowed for any storm that did form/hit could have contained a torrential downpour. 

If they hadn't issued the watch on Saturday I highly doubt one would have been issued for Sunday alone. 

• Like 1