• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Central PA Summer 2023

GFS joins the gang almost totally skipping the central and Southern LSV tonight.    Models can be wrong but terrible trends for those wanting rain. 
image.thumb.png.451245ba7aa2c9286a1628cd5150f46e.png

Go back to 12z and look at all the short range models for 22z and how they got there, haha. Drunks throwing darts. The HRRR was by far the closest just with a delayed evolution. That's the good news, cause it seems to have ramped up the strength when the line arrives with each passing run. Also I swear the GFS has worse verification rates for localities in its first 6 hours then it does 24-72 hours when dealing with convection. The FVS3 was supposed to rectify that somewhat except it got very blond and ditzy and tends to go it's "unique" path more than was hoped for. We shall see. It's a crap shoot this summer. Imagine, just imagine if major snowstorms were predicted like summer convection

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Jns2183 said:

Go back to 12z and look at all the short range models for 22z and how they got there, haha. Drunks throwing darts. The HRRR was by far the closest just with a delayed evolution. That's the good news, cause it seems to have ramped up the strength when the line arrives with each passing run. Also I swear the GFS has worse verification rates for localities in its first 6 hours then it does 24-72 hours when dealing with convection. The FVS3 was supposed to rectify that somewhat except it got very blond and ditzy and tends to go it's "unique" path more than was hoped for. We shall see. It's a crap shoot this summer. Imagine, just imagine if major snowstorms were predicted like summer convection

At least snowstorms are more synoptic....but the last two runs of most models have been "not good" for the LSV for those wanting rain. 

Wow, that section of line in northern pa is starting to bow out. Almost seems to be constantly refiring on its outflow boundary pushing it's movement almost southeast 01afbbe47fbed3a2250d360367a4bddf.jpg

Yeah. You see that, asshole? @canderson It ain't no fn sunset. Shit's coming.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

I hope the elk don't get smashed by downed trees.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Lots of weed and meth houses in danger, too 

Kidding aside hope you guys are ok and don’t have any issues. Storm is legit. Gonna be wild around these parts down here in the wee hours of the morning I think. 

16 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

There’s gonna be a lot of people rudely awaked in the middle of the night down this way, me thinks. This line is no joke, looking quite gnarly.  

A 330 am wake up call with siding blowing off a house sucks. Been there, done that. 

27 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

@canderson
If you look west quick before dark you can catch a glimpse of some severe weather fun clouds pushing in. Would suck landing at HIA from the west right now. cb7d044fabff09cd6c275b6de0208bec.jpg

Follow AA 546. If it actually departs. I’m skeptical. We fly that once a month usually. 

There’s gonna be a lot of people rudely awaked in the middle of the night down this way, me thinks. This line is no joke, looking quite gnarly.  
I'm not great reading soundings, butt the different severe parameters the HRRR puts out on a pretty map certainly intrigued me. Figured it would be good to look since I don't Mammatus clouds around here all to often, let alone at our distance to the storms.

If anyone has radarscope or any super resolution velocity radar loop it. You will see exactly what I mean with that bow echo of strong winds and embedded rotation just rocketing to the ese to se while the line MCS itself moves much more easterly.

Any rate CTP is about to some strong winds on the nose. Radar readings were almost 60 500-600 ft off ground.