• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Central PA Summer 2023

38 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

Flying is horrid anymore that if you have a connection it's advised to schedule it 4-6 hours after your expected arrival time

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I have to say I used fly with work for over 20 years and it has now gotten really bad. I’m glad I quit that line of work.

I have to say I used fly with work for over 20 years and it has now gotten really bad. I’m glad I quit that line of work.
My 9am flight out of Harrisburg is now leaving at 1pm due to a host of issues, but namely not having a plane till 11am that was due in last night. Been here since 730am and now I've decided a goose island IPA @9am is justified.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

My 9am flight out of Harrisburg is now leaving at 1pm due to a host of issues, but namely not having a plane till 11am that was due in last night. Been here since 730am and now I've decided a goose island IPA @9am is justified.

AM drinking at an airport is not only acceptable, but also expected if one partakes in alcohol.  

2.10 of rain in Marysville was recorded in the last week since last Sunday while I was away on vacation.

It is nice to get a break from the humidity this weekend.

I would have loved to get theses couple of low humidity days while sight seeing this past week in coastal Connecticut & Rhode Island, but we had a great time despite the high dew points.

• Like 2

Morning lows were again below average today with many lower elevation spots reaching the 50's again. Today will be our 7th straight (but last) below normal day with highs topping out in the low to mid 80's. Temps should reach the 90's starting Wednesday for many areas in the county. In fact we could see our first "heat wave" (3 consecutive days over 90) since July 19-21, 2020. In fact in the last 20 years we have only recorded 10 "heat waves" in total here in Chesco! This heat will be short lived as the pattern will shift again by next weekend and we look to go back to near normal to below pattern through the first 10 days of August.
Records for today: High 98 (1991) / Low 51 (1983) / Rain 4.04" (1946)
image.png.a961e86d4d157b8180ce384d8295fac8.png

44 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

Love it enjoy your beer(s)!

52 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

Bars almost full.

The only catch is beer (vs a mixed drink).  2 beers and I have to wait until the last moment to use the rest room and am still hoping we do not get stuck on the tarmac.  LOL.  Some airlines get a bit strict with getting up when not allowed. 

The only catch is beer (vs a mixed drink).  2 beers and I have to wait until the last moment to use the rest room and am still hoping we do not get stuck on the tarmac.  LOL.  Some airlines get a bit strict with getting up when not allowed. 
Haha. I've had a bloody Mary and a goose island IPA, watching formula 1 racing with my fellow morning drinking degenerates bonding over the hellscape that air travel has become. I heard one tale where the story almost gave me PTSD, let alone living it. That man was drinking bourbon neat. I don't blame him. My mood is much better however.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Sunny and 86. Little storm cell in York County will miss me to my north.

Yesterday was mow #22 for me.

I think I mentioned but 10 is in the books and that will close out July and possibly much longer.    HRRR has quite a bit of activity for the southern LSV this afternoon and evening. 

• Like 1