• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Central PA Summer 2023

19 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

i tried posting a picture and or video of a tree struck by lightning this morning but it says the file is to big

Yeah I get that all the time when I try and post pics off my phone.  I can sometimes take a screenshot of the photo and then post that, which makes absolutely no sense ha.  It's a real problem with this site.

2 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Yeah I get that all the time when I try and post pics off my phone.  I can sometimes take a screenshot of the photo and then post that, which makes absolutely no sense ha.  It's a real problem with this site.

I have also opened them in a graphics app and lowered their resolution to allow them to post if not screen shotting.  But at that point I have to ask myself how important it is to spend 10 min getting a pic ready to post. 

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

I have also opened them in a graphics app and lowered their resolution to allow them to post if not screen shotting.  But at that point I have to ask myself how important it is to spend 10 min getting a pic ready to post. 

Exactly.  I end up just getting frustrated and aborting the mission.  I'm often strapped for time with the two young-ins and don't have the wherewithal to deal with all that.  I mean, why am I taking a picture of a picture in order to meet some arbitrary website rules haha.  I digress. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Exactly.  I end up just getting frustrated and aborting the mission.  I'm often strapped for time with the two young-ins and don't have the wherewithal to deal with all that.  I mean, why am I taking a picture of a picture in order to meet some arbitrary website rules haha.  I digress. 

And uploading them to link them is just as much a PITA.   But, hey...the site is free! 

image.png.4f5714991b6bfb70edd80ac3b4e5ce2c.png

• Haha 2

Sauss is old - yall should provide instructions on how to fax it so it posts. 
What you do is you let the bird etch the image into the stone with its beak and then drop the image into the mailbox where the other bird will fly it to its destination.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

What you do is you let the bird etch the image into the stone with its beak and then drop the image into the mailbox where the other bird will fly it to its destination.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Didn't you hear? The genius has rebranded the birds into X. 

Very weak but noticeable line is forming now which extends from Dauphin county SW through eastern Adams - I hope this doesn't end up being the show. CTP this morning seemed to indicate that the best chance of storms was actually early afternoon. (supposed to be out of my area by 4pm) I'm starting to get an uneasy feeling that a lot of us might not see much rain today. And I'm in a better spot than a lot of you and I still don't feel good. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

Very weak but noticeable line is forming now which extends from Dauphin county SW through eastern Adams - I hope this doesn't end up being the show. CTP this morning seemed to indicate that the best chance of storms was actually early afternoon. (supposed to be out of my area by 4pm) I'm starting to get an uneasy feeling that a lot of us might not see much rain today. And I'm in a better spot than a lot of you and I still don't feel good. 

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

12Z Mesos's have all but removed rain from the area except far South and S/E.  Does not mean they are right though. 

• Haha 1

16 of our last 21 days here in July have been running with below average temperatures. That will change as the next 5 days should see temps running above normal. We could see some showers this afternoon and early evening. The heat really starts to build in by Thursday with many spots in the county touching the 90 degree mark. By Thursday and Friday even the ridge areas should see a rare 90 degree reading. Below normal temps look to return again by Sunday.
Records for today: High 96 (1921) / Low 47 (1976) / Rain 2.00" (1916)
image.png.3a61d6f4613955bc7591bcc45d006efe.png