• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Central PA Summer 2023

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

We are up to 79 here now.  MDT still clinging to that as well.  CXY at 82. 

Going to be close today as far as 90(s) go - I think we both mentioned previously that the only 2 "certain" days to exceed 90 is likely tomorrow and Friday. Could hit 90 the next 4 days but there's complications with Saturday and today started off cool enough that there's a lot of ground to make up. 

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Going to be close today as far as 90(s) go - I think we both mentioned previously that the only 2 "certain" days to exceed 90 is likely tomorrow and Friday. Could hit 90 the next 4 days but there's complications with Saturday and today started off cool enough that there's a lot of ground to make up. 

Yep, I am not getting to 90 here today but MDT is in play and CXY probably.   I think there is a slight question every day for any given spot depending on clouds.  Very probably Thur and Fri but not a guarantee. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yep, I am not getting to 90 here today but MDT is in play and CXY probably.   I think there is a slight question every day for any given spot depending on clouds.  Very probably Thur and Fri but not a guarantee. 

I should not have used the word certainty. The weather has taught me that lesson way too many times over the years that there are very few such things. Timing of any storms tomorrow afternoon in particular could muck up 90. 

Probably is the better word to use. 

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I should not have used the word certainty. The weather has taught me that lesson way too many times over the years that there are very few such things. Timing of any storms tomorrow afternoon in particular could muck up 90. 

Probably is the better word to use. 

Oh sorry, I was not debating your word but was fresh off looking at the 12Z NAM which gets rain early enough on Friday to question it a bit.   The Nam is not on a hot streak though.

image.png.164e64f526fb2cf42c71f152db2da230.png

19 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

No need to apologize whatsoever.

Temp is 83 here - 90 today is doable but questionable. 

That is the other thing....90 is less than 3 degrees AN, the official normal today is slightly over 87, so if it hits 90, we are 2.x degrees AN as to the high.  LOL.  Not exactly a frying pan.  I was out watering this AM and it was super nice.    MDT's low today was 66 which is 2 BN so MDT has to hit 90 to avoid today being a BN day considering the high and low.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Temp spiked to 86 here at 12:45 - nice 3 degree rise in less than an hour. Possibly might probably will certainly make a run at 90 now. 

4 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

You're probably on to something, but then again you could possibly be wrong

Y'all sound like a bunch of weather models making predictions. 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

After Saturday, MDT does not breach 87 at 18Z until the very final day of the GFS 12Z run...on August 10th.   It is a BN barrage from the model with one-night getting into the 40's in the far northern part of the LSV or MSV depending on definition. 

Soon time for PAWeather 540 line. :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mahantango#1 said:

FB_IMG_1690389425247.jpg

There's no "good time" to do this work - however, this might be one of the better times of the year for weather weenies:

• Severe weather season has passed it's peak 
  • Tropical hasn't reached it's prime season
  • Avoids winter months when people would complain loudly

Sure, weather of significance can happen at any time. Having said that, we're in a quieter period for active weather. Hopefully that remains true over the next few weeks. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

MU says it's gonna bake right through Saturday, and don't expect much if any rain tomorrow:

https://www.millersville.edu/weathercenter/forecasts/weather-discussion.php

Did he just punt major heat the rest of the summer? 

This upcoming, 3-day stretch of sweltering heat will undoubtedly be the worst of the entire summer.

• Like 1

Did he just punt major heat the rest of the summer? 
This upcoming, 3-day stretch of sweltering heat will undoubtedly be the worst of the entire summer.

I think he punted upper 90s the rest of season. Camp Hill forecast high is 98

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk