• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Central PA Summer 2023

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Opinion piece on CNN says vacations as we know them are coming to an end due to the extreme weather (whether climate change or not) and the need to have less carbon footprint so less travel at all.  The heat people seek will find them at home instead of having to travel to it.  The article suggests people trend more toward being content and recharging in their home area.

Interesting take...not sure I buy people stop travelling until a recession stops them. 

9:45 and still cloudy but seeing some blue/breaks to my west.  78 degrees. 

You lost me at CNN opinion piece :lol:

But honestly, what utter drivel.  People travel to reach destinations.  Whether it be the beach, lake, mountains, oceans, islands, parks, historical sites, artistic venues, sporting events, museums, etc.  Say it with me, destinations.  Weather is but a small part.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

You lost me at CNN opinion piece :lol:

But honestly, what utter drivel.  People travel to reach destinations.  Whether it be the beach, lake, mountains, oceans, islands, parks, historical sites, artistic venues, sporting events, museums, etc.  Say it with me, destinations.  Weather is but a small part.

I think it was pointing toward more stuff that required airplanes.  

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Opinion piece on CNN says vacations as we know them are coming to an end due to the extreme weather (whether climate change or not) and the need to have less carbon footprint so less travel at all.  The heat people seek will find them at home instead of having to travel to it.  The article suggests people trend more toward being content and recharging in their home area.

Interesting take...not sure I buy people stop travelling until a recession stops them. 

Mainland Europe is becoming impossible to tour in summer - very routine 100+ days. 

• Like 1

They can kiss my ass

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

They can kiss my ass

I did not mention CNN to cause angst.  Just where the article was.  Ok, let's go the other way...Foxnews has an article suggesting climate change is not in play as to the reason for the current heat and that heat waves were much worse in the 1940's.  

• Haha 1

I did not mention CNN to cause angst.  Just where the article was.  Ok, let's go the other way...Foxnews has an article suggesting climate change is not in play as to the reason for the current heat and that heat waves were much worse in the 1940's.  
I'm just one where if anyone tries to shame me for doing a perfectly fine thing in my head and I know that by doing it will cause them angst I absolutely do it way way more until it's so distressing to them they just write me off and leave me alone.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

What is a some degree? Is that 3 or 4?

:)

I said that on purpose so good catch.  LOL.    But we were talking about this yesterday.  A slam dunk 90 has turned in to MDT still sitting below it near 2PM because of clouds.  LOL. Every model I saw had mostly all of us steaming in the mid or upper 90's at this time. 

I said that on purpose so good catch.  LOL.    But we were talking about this yesterday.  A slam dunk 90 has turned in to MDT still sitting below it near 2PM because of clouds.  LOL. Every model I saw had mostly all of us steaming in the mid or upper 90's at this time. 
To much moisture

• Like 1