Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 2023 General Discussion

Spartman

2 hours ago, weatherbo said:

High of 79 today before rain developed and spread across the area couple hours ago.  So far .83 and counting.  Plenty of rain chances the next couple days with cooler, more seasonable like temps.

Can't believe it's almost July.

I know.  6 months till Christmas :o

3 hours ago, cyclone77 said:

Hottest day of the year so far here with 97, 95 at MLI.  Luckily dews mostly around 60.

84.7F on my system.  Dews around 60.  It felt hot in the sun as this was one of the hotter days IMBY this year.  Plus we were outside all day!!

For a while it looked like I might get goose-egged.  At the last minute, the gap in the line of storms moving across eastern Iowa filled in and soaked the Cedar Rapids area.  There were a couple scattered warnings in the area, but I only received beautiful, straight-down rain. Most personal gauges across the metro area are reporting over an inch.  I got 0.96".  :raining::thumbsup:

It is no coincidence our dewpoint shot up to 70º late this evening.  It feels and smells good to finally have humid, wet air in June.

• Like 3

For a while it looked like I might get goose-egged.  At the last minute, the gap in the line of storms moving across eastern Iowa filled in and soaked the Cedar Rapids area.  There were a couple scattered warnings in the area, but I only received beautiful, straight-down rain. Most personal gauges across the metro area are reporting over an inch.  I got 0.96".  :raining::thumbsup:
It is no coincidence our dewpoint shot up to 70º late this evening.  It feels and smells good to finally have humid, wet air in June.

Hoping many more dews above 70 and storms follow.

• Haha 1

On 6/23/2023 at 4:55 PM, TheClimateChanger said:

Looking at this animation of aerosol optical depth, it looks like some of this might end up getting caught in the circulation of the low pressure system moving through and ultimately advect southwestward over Wisconsin and Ilinois by Tuesday. Obviously a long way out, but perhaps something to watch out for next week. Also, it's not clear how dense the concentrations of smoke will be as a lot of it will get pushed eastward out to sea before the low starts to take shape.

https://twitter.com/m_parrington/status/1672232383842492419?s=20

Tuesday still looking like there may be poor air quality for much of the Midwest.

21F7A4EA-1E54-4030-A0C3-F1AD6777877F.thumb.jpeg.aac4f2e1c78962a6dfbe20af6fa2bdb7.jpeg

Weirdest constant low rumbling thunder with the line that just came through.  Too bad it’s not at night.  Would be a spectacular amount of intracloud flashing.  

I just hope there is more rain to come under the upper low.  It came down hard for a few minutes but it moved out so fast.  I doubt much more than a half inch.