• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey

12 minutes ago, Evie3 said:

DS works in a pharmacy in Bville and told me they lost power and were packing the medications requiring refrigeration in ice etc.  He said it was crazy, power was out most of his way home past the small strip mall in Lyons near the VA medical center.

Yeah I work in the grocery store there but fortunately I was at my mother’s house at the time. I have to park on the street since my driveway’s still blocked from half a tree that blew down.

3 hours ago, Stormlover74 said:

Muggy af out

A real steambath. It wasn't much fun running out in this today. Earlier in the Spring when we had a couple 90 degree days, it felt good running in that because the humidity was so low. What a difference the humidity makes. 90 with low humidity feels good while 80 with high humidity feels terrible. 

Anyway more downpours approaching. Should be another good soaking tonight. The good thing about this humidity is helped to produce the rain that we desperately needed. I'm looking forward to the lower humidity thursday though. 

12 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

A real steambath. It wasn't much fun running out in this today. Earlier in the Spring when we had a couple 90 degree days, it felt good running in that because the humidity was so low. What a difference the humidity makes. 90 with low humidity feels good while 80 with high humidity feels terrible. 

Anyway more downpours approaching. Should be another good soaking tonight. The good thing about this humidity is helped to produce the rain that we desperately needed. I'm looking forward to the lower humidity thursday though. 

Then we get smoked (literally) again. Not as bad as last time though.

49 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

Looks like a new line has formed and is strengthening

Meanwhile a new cell popped 2 miles to my north 

.03” for JFK for this entire event so far. Thats absolutely incredible. Watch the line disappear as soon as it gets to queens later. 
There is a very valid reason for this. Water temps are in the low 60s which is an extremely stable temp. Thats why most of Long islands extreme rain events of the past have been in august when temps are in the 70s

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

.03” for JFK for this entire event so far. Thats absolutely incredible. Watch the line disappear as soon as it gets to queens later. 
There is a very valid reason for this. Water temps are in the low 60s which is an extremely stable temp. Thats why most of Long islands extreme rain events of the past have been in august when temps are in the 70s

Yup. We’ve been stuck in marine layer gunk low clouds for days. We need some kind of synoptic system to get much rain until the waters get warmer. Or for the storms to come on a westerly flow which negates the marine layer. These southerly flow patterns may be humid but help the drought here. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Yup. We’ve been stuck in marine layer gunk low clouds for days. We need some kind of synoptic system to get much rain until the waters get warmer. Or for the storms to come on a westerly flow which negates the marine layer. These southerly flow patterns may be humid but help the drought here. 

You absolutely nailed this event for your area 

Just now, Allsnow said:

You absolutely nailed this event for your area 

More than I thought. I was hoping at least some activity could survive east of the Hudson. There’s been nothing but some random shower clusters and Sunday with a few storms that fired on the sea breeze front. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

More than I thought. I was hoping at least some activity could survive east of the Hudson. There’s been nothing but some random shower clusters and Sunday with a few storms that fired on the sea breeze front. 

My fear is Mama Nature will figure out how to make it rain this weekend when I’m at the beach house! 

52 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Wow at the 5” totals. I’m sitting at .05”. Has to be one of the greatest cutoff events for our area. With so Many days and so many chances and every single one a fail on the immediate south shore. I don’t think Jones beach has even had .001”

The next drought monitor and probably few to come will show a crazy gradient between moderate to possible severe drought here and no drought west of I-95. 

An extended period of generally cooler than normal temperatures is ongoing. No return to summerlike heat is likely through the remainder of June.

Unsettled weather will likely continue through tomorrow. The temperature will approach seasonable levels tomorrow before cooling slightly. It will be humid with scattered showers and thundershowers tomorrow, some of which could be heavy.

Parts of Texas remain in the midst of an extreme heat event. High temperatures included:

Austin: 105°
Brownsville: 99°
Corpus Christi: 101° (tied record set in 1980 and tied in 2012) ***record 6th 100° June day***
Cotulla: 113° (old record: 109°, 1902)
Del Rio: 110° (old record: 108°, 1980) ***10th consecutive record high***
Houston: 99°
Junction: 106° (tied record set in 2012)
Laredo: 110° (old record: 109°, 1980 and 1994)
McAllen: 105°
San Angelo: 109° (tied record set in 1994)
San Antonio: 104°
Victoria: 99°
Zapata: 109° (tied record set in 1980)

At present, there is little indication that this heat will move into the Middle Atlantic and southern New England regions.

The ENSO Region 1+2 anomaly was +2.9°C and the Region 3.4 anomaly was +1.0°C for the week centered around June 21. For the past six weeks, the ENSO Region 1+2 anomaly has averaged +2.37°C and the ENSO Region 3.4 anomaly has averaged +0.77°C. El Niño conditions have developed and will likely continue to strengthen through at least the summer.

The SOI was +10.89 today.

The preliminary Arctic Oscillation (AO) was +0.888 today.

On June 25 the MJO was in Phase 2 at an amplitude of 1.508 (RMM). The June 24-adjusted amplitude was 1.413 (RMM).

Based on sensitivity analysis applied to the latest guidance, there is an implied near 100% probability that New York City will have a cooler than normal June (1991-2020 normal). June will likely finish with a mean temperature near 70.1° (1.7° below normal).

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, psv88 said:

Ha line gone

Yup, it hit the force field at NYC and, boom, gone. Pretty amazing to watch day after day. We need ocean temps to warm past 70. Kind like why socal never sees rain in the summer, water temps in the. 50s/60s are just convection destroyers. that’s why you see front reinvigorate after they get to the Gulf Stream. This has happened the last three days

Just now, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Yup, it hit the force field at NYC and, boom, gone. Pretty amazing to watch day after day. We need ocean temps to warm past 70. Kind like why socal never sees rain in the summer, water temps in the. 50s/60s are just convection destroyers. that’s why you see fronts reinvigorate after they get to the Gulf Stream. This has happened the last three days

Next potential of 90+ temperatures in NYC delayed to July 6th-9th and may actually get delayed until even later. Onshore winds, marine layers, and showers/storms in the area (not necessarily rain where you live) will keep most of us from getting there for a while yet.

WX/PT

• Thanks 1