• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2023 - tracking the tropics

mcglups

I'm seeing a classic super synoptic scenario unfolding myself and have for days to be brutally honest.

One can't really use that as a deterministic guidance metric; the models have to emerge the features.  But the correction vectors and 'emergence probabilities' will haunt the models in time, and in time should bring this toward an east coastal risk. These model 'hints' and starts are not just noise.  

Stopping short of "threat" ... but at some point I don't have a problem and most who know me know that I don't give a f what others think - I call these things things when I call them.

I'd watch this thing closely if I lived from the Carolinas to Atlantic Canada with equal plausibility - for now.  If I have to knock it down, I'll knock it down.  Okay 

• Like 6

By the way... 'super synoptic' is just a phrase I use to mean the non-linear distribution of forcing, often referred to 2ndary..or constructive interference.  The pieces are not necessarily 'up stream' in that sense, as the mechanics create a new arena that exists as a result - in which events become favored.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

This is going to better than tracking any winter storm as both ensembles continue to move it west and then north into SNE . What a fun wild ride ahead 

Ya, I don’t know about that?  A big winter storm/blizzard possibility is pretty exciting, and has much better odds than a major Cane for SNE.  

But, if this trends to something significant for us, then it will become very interesting, and potentially exciting if that indeed begins to unfold.  But as of now I don’t feel that way. Pump the brakes currently…long way to go. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, 512high said:

I'm working in Hampton and North Hampton tomorrow, hope to see some good surf

If you can go by the “wall” in am that’s your best shot . It’s gonna  fade as the storm is weakning and moving out of the swell window n . (X idalia) the jeffreys ledge bouy should be dropping by morning  (Ndbc bouy 44098). It’s been 4 days of swell so far , that’s a long one for the area 

At 3pm there was some splash over the sea wall by the corner near downtown Hampton beaches. 

Next week by Tuesday *very large *swells are coming and Some will be surprised

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Ya, I don’t know about that?  A big winter storm/blizzard possibility is pretty exciting, and has much better odds than a major Cane for SNE.  

But, if this trends to something significant for us, then it will become very interesting, and potentially exciting if that indeed begins to unfold.  But as of now I don’t feel that way. Pump the brakes currently…long way to go. 

There is something special about tracking a cane. I think the most sleep deprived I've ever been was the week leading up to Sandy.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Hoth said:

There is something special about tracking a cane. I think the most sleep deprived I've ever been was the week leading up to Sandy.

I get it…but for me any big weather event that has a shot at giving us a big whack is exciting to me. A monster winter storm that’s heading for the area is tough to beat for me.

If this turns into a bonafide and legit threat, I’ll feel the same way as when a blizzard is on the horizon for us. But that’s just me. 

• Like 3