• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Spring 2023

Right now this year is at the 13th hottest April ever....just a tad ahead of two years ago.  This does not take into account normal or average temps just raw temps.   Guessing it moves up into the top 10 through the next 3-4 days though it will then go down a bit for a few days.   The caveat for this is all the other months have late April already baked in...when it sometimes tends to be warmer though it is possible Early April is the warmer side of the month this year. 

image.png.b9748e9d3c5f191570634e7c8f00f252.png

57 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Right now this year is at the 13th hottest April ever....just a tad ahead of two years ago.  This does not take into account normal or average temps just raw temps.   Guessing it moves up into the top 10 through the next 3-4 days though it will then go down a bit for a few days.   The caveat for this is all the other months have late April already baked in...when it sometimes tends to be warmer though it is possible Early April is the warmer side of the month this year. 

image.png.b9748e9d3c5f191570634e7c8f00f252.png

Come Monday, I believe we'll be just beyond that 58.3 number for the top spot.  But as you said, we should revert back a bit from there. 

12 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Come Monday, I believe we'll be just beyond that 58.3 number for the top spot.  But as you said, we should revert back a bit from there. 

I was hesitant to say that if it stays in the 60's on Sat despite the way above average lows. I guess by Sat AM we will have a clear picture on that though.  Long range GFS wise I do not think we get anywhere near breaking the April record but that could change at 18Z.  LOL.   Only 4-5 more days above 70 after this weekend and half a dozen 30's or near low. 

22 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I was hesitant to say that if it stays in the 60's on Sat despite the way above average lows. I guess by Sat AM we will have a clear picture on that though.  Long range GFS wise I do not think we get anywhere near breaking the April record but that could change at 18Z.  LOL.   Only 4-5 more days above 70 after this weekend and half a dozen 30's or near low. 

Winter on its way back!

2 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Interestingly enough, MDT still hasn't hit 85 for the day, topping out at 84.2 on a few occasions.  Now, it still seems likely to happen and who knows when they do their "conversions" if it stays that way, but man, that would be quite the little upset if that record held on.  I'm off to mow, later gents!

I'm mowing this evening once again...

85.7 here - about a degree or so cooler than yesterday.

36 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I plan to get on the board on Friday.  Quite likely you have beaten me for the summer and it is not summer yet. 

Still growing here pretty fast. Hasn't really slowed down this week that much. 

12 minutes ago, canderson said:

91 at 5 pm 

High here was 87. Same as yesterday. 

10 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Still growing here pretty fast. Hasn't really slowed down this week that much. 

High here was 87. Same as yesterday. 

It’s 81 in my house. April might finish -+10 AN. 

It’s also REALLY dry. My lilac bush needs ware and it’s been here for years. I’ve never had to water it after the first year we planted it. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, canderson said:

It’s 81 in my house. April might finish -+10 AN. 

It’s also REALLY dry. My lilac bush needs ware and it’s been here for years. I’ve never had to water it after the first year we planted it. 

It's 65 in my house. 

It's been 65 (or lower) in my house since...well, a few summers ago when we lost power for 6 hours in July from a storm. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

It's 65 in my house. 

It's been 65 (or lower) in my house since...well, a few summers ago when we lost power for 6 hours in July from a storm. 

I used to never turn the AC on before June but since we are now in a southern climate it is moving way up.  

10 minutes ago, canderson said:

I used to never turn the AC on before June but since we are now in a southern climate it is moving way up.  

I have never had an occasion where the AC was not on sometime in April and usually in March.    If the house temp is over 70, which means outside temps 65 or over, it is on. 

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I have never had an occasion where the AC was not on sometime in April and usually in March.    If the house temp is over 70, which means outside temps 65 or over, it is on. 

Mine is super good at energy efficiency so holds the cool for a while. A fee days at ~90 kills it though. 

• Like 1

On 4/10/2023 at 1:05 PM, MAG5035 said:

Mow #1 is gonna be this week for me. 

I’m hoping my magnolia flower buds still bloom after two 28ºF nights over the weekend and 30ºF last night. 

Magnolia update, yep they still bloomed haha.

0D1DB8A7-7C9D-49EA-A278-220DEB98B25E.thumb.jpeg.e689a5d0deaf33801f4114dae4a4528b.jpeg

85.5°F was the high today here.

• Like 1