• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Spring 2023

We set another record low maximum this morning with a low of only 61.2 - breaking the old record of 59.4 set in 2019. Today will be the warmest day of the week as temps could approach near record levels this PM. A little cooler but still over 80 degrees tomorrow before we start a cool down over the weekend along with the chance of some much needed showers.
Records for today: High 86 (1977) / Low 21 (1975) / Rain 2.40"
image.png.3641d66048708eed7b9e2235b59cc139.png

D0 expanded out past the LSV now and moderate drought is at the southern border of York and Lancaster counties at the M/D line.  We have to hope for a wetter summer than many of the past several. 
image.png.3decc8dfc2e1cd34014fe8f9d5d5590a.png

Start praying to hurricane gods

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

It looks like MDT set a record for highest min temp at 61 yesterday.  Keep an eye out for that same record potentially falling Saturday as well.  As for highs, we should be able to crack the record of 85 for today but tomorrow's 89 seems out of reach, with a bit more cloud cover being around in the afternoon.  My first time seeing Fort Rock, OR come in with the national low, at 7 degrees.  High of 96 at a number of locations in Arizona.  As for the Northeast, well, satellite pictures don't get much more beautiful than this.....

image.thumb.jpeg.f55f35e7a013a7f87e03a0b9fe8e1105.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

It looks like MDT set a record for highest min temp at 61 yesterday.  Keep an eye out for that same record potentially falling Saturday as well.  As for highs, we should be able to crack the record of 85 for today but tomorrow's 89 seems out of reach, with a bit more cloud cover being around in the afternoon.  My first time seeing Fort Rock, OR come in with the national low, at 7 degrees.  High of 96 at a number of locations in Arizona.  As for the Northeast, well, satellite pictures don't get much more beautiful than this.....

image.thumb.jpeg.f55f35e7a013a7f87e03a0b9fe8e1105.jpeg

Non-existent snow cover in the NE part of the country...

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Looks like Cashtown was as well.  It is only 67 here now.  Your 55 is 3 more than MDT!  

Here's some more temp data from yesterday and this morning: (I'm currently at 76.3)

Yesterday's low of 60°F at @millersvilleu tied the record high min, or "warmest low," temp from 1947, and the mean temp of 72°F broke the old record of 69°F. As of 10 AM this morning, the mercury has already reached 74°F, so the #April13 record high of 85°F from 1977 should fall!

53 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Here's some more temp data from yesterday and this morning: (I'm currently at 76.3)

Yesterday's low of 60°F at @millersvilleu tied the record high min, or "warmest low," temp from 1947, and the mean temp of 72°F broke the old record of 69°F. As of 10 AM this morning, the mercury has already reached 74°F, so the #April13 record high of 85°F from 1977 should fall!

Yea the lows Wed AM were quite a bit high.  It was degrees higher here. 

1 hour ago, sauss06 said:

are our chances for rain increasing for the weekend? didn't look to be, but co-worker said i am wrong. 

Saturday evening looks rainy. And possibly a storm or two. 

Sunday evening looks more spotty with rain but a better chance at storms if the front doesn’t slow down. 

• Like 1