Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA Spring 2023

29 minutes ago, pawatch said:

Meso this morning. Temps was all over.

Set a record today 89 degrees old record was 85 degrees 2018.

Had 90 at the house.

From what I have seen, Franklin and Adams were possibly a couple of the coldest counties in PA this AM.   We were 15-20 degrees cooler than some of these readings Chesco mentioned. 

• Like 1

Yesterday was our warmest day since the 84.3 degree reading back on September 4th. We should be a couple degrees cooler today with clouds increasing later. Some showers toward morning tomorrow ending by late Saturday night. Some spots could see 0.25" to 0.50" of much needed rain for the county farmers and green thumbs!
Records for today: High 88 (1941) / Low 22 (1940) / Rain 2.28" (1970) / Snow 2.5" (1923)
image.png.839601325ee79fa9d22bc3c8c86caff8.png

9 minutes ago, canderson said:

55 was my low. 90 again today? Clouds might hamper it. 

Maybe you in your little hotbox haha but I doubt anyone else gets all that close.  Heck, yesterday there was only one official station in the entire state that hit 90 and that was the notorious CXY.  83 is my point and click for today. 

• Like 1

Maybe you in your little hotbox haha but I doubt anyone else gets all that close.  Heck, yesterday there was only one official station in the entire state that hit 90 and that was the notorious CXY.  83 is my point and click for today. 
I used to live close to CXY. That area indeed has its own little microclimate. Heat via downsloping and a bit of a rain shadow from the hills to the west and south. Most of our heat comes on winds with a westerly component to them. The sensors at kmdt catch that right off the river.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

I used to live close to CXY. That area indeed has its own little microclimate. Heat via downsloping and a bit of a rain shadow from the hills to the west and south. Most of our heat comes on winds with a westerly component to them. The sensors at kmdt catch that right off the river.

Yeah I've theorized on this a few times myself, being on the west side of the river and the downsloping off the hills and all, but even so there are times it seems juuuuuust a bit extreme when compared to not only its surrounding areas but virtually anywhere else in the state.  Interesting micro scenario nonetheless. 

Yeah I've theorized on this a few times myself, being on the west side of the river and the downsloping off the hills and all, but even so there are times it seems juuuuuust a bit extreme when compared to not only its surrounding areas but virtually anywhere else in the state.  Interesting micro scenario nonetheless. 
Another weird thing about that area is because of the army base Blackhawk helicopters would always fly these lights out training missions on nights with a new moon. You would hear all these helicopters above you, but be lucky to even glimpse one.

• Thanks 1

Looking at the current Wunderground temp map, there is quite the disparity - temps range from 73 in Northeast, MD to the low 90s in parts of the Lehigh Valley. Most of the areas surrounding Harrisburg (Adams, York, Franklin, Cumberland, Dauphin, Lebanon and Lancaster) are in the upper 70s to low 80s currently. 

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Looking at the current Wunderground temp map, there is quite the disparity - temps range from 73 in Northeast, MD to the low 90s in parts of the Lehigh Valley. Most of the areas surrounding Harrisburg (Adams, York, Franklin, Cumberland, Dauphin, Lebanon and Lancaster) are in the upper 70s to low 80s currently. 

Yep, just 77 here. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

It is miserable out.  Yesterday was a treat compared to today...Mid-summer like. 

Yea Im dreading mowing the yard when I get home. I knew I should have done it yesterday instead I grabbed a pan from the oven with my bare hand. WIN! :)

• Haha 1