• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Central PA Spring 2023

We had a record high minimum temperature this AM of just 58.8 degrees breaking the old record of 58.7 set back in 2017. We should approach 80 degrees especially in the lower spots of Chester County today. This will still be well below the record for today but almost 20 degrees above normal for the date. Dry and warm weather through Friday with showers this weekend followed by a return to near normal April temperatures next week and for an extended stretch of days.
Records for today: High 87 (1990) / Low 20 (1975) / Rain 1.95" (1933) / Snow 1" (1894)
image.png.b9c9dd99098bf7585b53eaca28cd9e76.png

Well, I think by next Monday we'll be sitting right around that 58.3 degree mark for hottest April on record.  Things get much more uncertain after that but I would say more average-like conditions will tend to prevail, with a couple of cool shots seeming likely as well.  All in all, not feeling great about the shekels I laid down for warmest April on record haha, but much still to be determined.  I do think a top ten type April is nearly a given at this point.  Feeling a touch better about some solid rain chances for this weekend.  Carry on.

• Like 3

Well it is likely we are finished with any snow this season here in Chester County PA. This season ended up being our 3rd least snowy winter since records began back in 1888. Below are the top 20 least and most snowy winters. Note that 6 of our snowiest seasons have occurred since 2000 - while only 4 of our least snowy seasons have taken place since 2000.

image.png.24f33092b160515b7862de548d746d1f.png

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Well, I think by next Monday we'll be sitting right around that 58.3 degree mark for hottest April on record.  Things get much more uncertain after that but I would say more average-like conditions will tend to prevail, with a couple of cool shots seeming likely as well.  All in all, not feeling great about the shekels I laid down for warmest April on record haha, but much still to be determined.  I do think a top ten type April is nearly a given at this point.  Feeling a touch better about some solid rain chances for this weekend.  Carry on.

On the 12Z GFS and CMC, MDT stays 60ish or below almost the entire next week.  Lows in the 30's each night so not a situation of marine air keeping temps the same all day.  The DP's stay below 40 almost all week. Those two runs are shekel shellackers! 

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

On the 12Z GFS and CMC, MDT stays 60ish or below almost the entire next week.  Lows in the 30's each night so not a situation of marine air keeping temps the same all day.  The DP's stay below 40 almost all week. Those two runs are shaker shellackers! 

Please, please let that be right. Not good when I'm pining for cool spells in April. 

29 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Please, please let that be right. Not good when I'm pining for cool spells in April. 

A whole chamber week ( A whole boat load of potted plants warnings though) especially if this comes to fruition prior to the chill.     Lawnmowers will be abuzz.  Rou can get off the Schneid. 

Capture.JPG

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

On the 12Z GFS and CMC, MDT stays 60ish or below almost the entire next week.  Lows in the 30's each night so not a situation of marine air keeping temps the same all day.  The DP's stay below 40 almost all week. Those two runs are shekel shellackers! 

Yeah I've been keeping an eye on things.  The models have been waffling a bit given how tight the boundary is for much of the period.  Will be interesting to see if the cold is more fleeting or steadfast in nature.  Here is CPC's take.  Only time will tell.

814temp.new.gif

WK34temp.gif

3 hours ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Yeah I've been keeping an eye on things.  The models have been waffling a bit given how tight the boundary is for much of the period.  Will be interesting to see if the cold is more fleeting or steadfast in nature.  Here is CPC's take.  Only time will tell.

814temp.new.gif

WK34temp.gif

Those maps haven't changed since November... 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Beautiful evening. 8:10 PM and I'm out here with the dogs without need for hoodie. Nothing beats the warm seasons. Except lots of snow. But since snow has died, f it.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Mosquitos, tics and skunks like this post.