Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Severe Weather 4-4-23 and 4-5-23

cheese007

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN LINCOLN HAS ISSUED A  

* TORNADO WARNING FOR...  
  NORTHEASTERN FULTON COUNTY IN WEST CENTRAL ILLINOIS...  
  WEST CENTRAL TAZEWELL COUNTY IN CENTRAL ILLINOIS...  
  SOUTHWESTERN PEORIA COUNTY IN CENTRAL ILLINOIS...  

* UNTIL 800 PM CDT.  

* AT 732 PM CDT, A CONFIRMED LARGE AND EXTREMELY DANGEROUS TORNADO  
  WAS LOCATED OVER ST. DAVID, OR NEAR CANTON, MOVING NORTHEAST AT 45  
  MPH.  

THIS IS A PARTICULARLY DANGEROUS SITUATION. TAKE COVER NOW!  

HAZARD...DAMAGING TORNADO.  

SOURCE...WEATHER SPOTTERS CONFIRMED TORNADO. AT 7:25 PM, A TORNADO   
           WAS REPORTED NORTHWEST OF LEWISTOWN!  

IMPACT...YOU ARE IN A LIFE-THREATENING SITUATION. FLYING DEBRIS   
           MAY BE DEADLY TO THOSE CAUGHT WITHOUT SHELTER. MOBILE   
           HOMES WILL BE DESTROYED. CONSIDERABLE DAMAGE TO HOMES,   
           BUSINESSES, AND VEHICLES IS LIKELY AND COMPLETE   
           DESTRUCTION IS POSSIBLE.  

* THE TORNADO WILL BE NEAR...  
  GLASFORD AROUND 750 PM CDT.  

That line from western Iowa through eastern Kansas looked like it was made by a boundary or dryline moving northwest and another moving southeast merged, and that unzipped the whole line almost at once. Cool to see but kind of scary also.

1 minute ago, bowtie` said:

That line from western Iowa through eastern Kansas looked like it was made by a boundary or dryline moving northwest and another moving southeast merged, and that unzipped the whole line almost at once. Cool to see but kind of scary also.

That’s a hell of a clash

3 minutes ago, Jackstraw said:

Yeah its right along the dry line.  We were getting a crazy dry line Friday in E Kansas also. That one Friday was a TX flying tumbleweed dryline, we don't see those that strong and defined up here often.

Yep, cold front overtaking dryline. KICT has a great depiction of the two colliding.

Got stuck in the outside of the tornado. It was a rain wrapped beast the size of a field. We ended up trapped in a small town. A trashcan went airborne and hit us. We missed the trampoline by a couple yards at least.

I am truly thankful to have survived. Judging by the EMTs everywhere and the couple of destroyed houses we came across miles later, I probably shouldn't have. I fucked up so badly today that it's hard to actually comprehend the magnitude of it. I know I'm the amateur of amateurs amongst you all but even I knew better than to do what I did today.

IMG_20230404_201253__01.jpg

• Like 3
  • Sad 14

5 minutes ago, Malacka11 said:

Got stuck in the outside of the tornado. It was a rain wrapped beast the size of a field. We ended up trapped in a small town. A trashcan went airborne and hit us. We missed the trampoline by a couple yards at least.

I am truly thankful to have survived. Judging by the EMTs everywhere and the couple of destroyed houses we came across miles later, I probably shouldn't have. I fucked up so badly today that it's hard to actually comprehend the magnitude of it. I know I'm the amateur of amateurs amongst you all but even I knew better than to do what I did today.

At least you weren't hurt. Do storm chasers pay exorbitant auto insurance rates?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Malacka11 said:

It's hard not to get caught up in the moment when chasing!  Glad to see it was just car damage and you are ok!!!  Cars can be fixed.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Malacka11 said:

Glad your okay man! It could have been worse your in one piece that’s all that matters 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Lightning said:

The remnants are of course going right over MBY.  Getting strong winds with gusts 35-45mph.  

I chased that elevated supercell about 30 minutes south of my house and barely reached shelter before hail up to golf ball size hit.  Nothing like sitting in the driving range!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjzXVitHSk8

• Sad 1