joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Observations Christmas Day Storm and Beyond

phil882

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, surprised you already have flakes flying..

31.1 degrees here... temperature slowly rising as we have more cloud cover move in.

Up at 3:50 (haha beat the kids) & nothing. Took the time to get caught up on the threads & then went up stairs for an obs. Certianly not heavy but, not flurries either. Are you still in Greenville or did you make it back up this way?

Up at 3:50 (haha beat the kids) & nothing. Took the time to get caught up on the threads & then went up stairs for an obs. Certianly not heavy but, not flurries either. Are you still in Greenville or did you make it back up this way?

I'm staying in Greenville currently with my family today... I might make the venture up to Asheville later today after hanging with the family if it looks like they are going to get significantly more than Greenville (which things are trending that way). However, the longer I wait the more dangerous it likely will become. I'll make a decision later today.

I'm staying in Greenville currently with my family today... I might make the venture up to Asheville later today after hanging with the family if it looks like they are going to get significantly more than Greenville (which things are trending that way). However, the longer I wait the more dangerous it likely will become. I'll make a decision later today.

In the same boat Phil. In charlotte for Christmas and thinking of heading to my friends house in Avery or back home to Cullowhee today or tomorrow. Either way im looking at 6-8" plus by Monday morning. :arrowhead:

Current conditions in my sig. Currently the wet bulb here is 29 so everything might start off as snow. Light snow and sleet reported in northern MS and AL and light snow for much of TN.

31 here with a dew point of 25. Don't we have temp issues between the surface and 850? For some reason I was thinking we would start off as sleet or rain.

Don't wait too long. As you well know , I-26 becomes a parking lot in no time. I sat on that interstate for 8 hours in '98. That would not be a good way to spend Christmas. I've had enough snow to have a spotty dusting.

Don't wait too long. As you well know , I-26 becomes a parking lot in no time. I sat on that interstate for 8 hours in '98. That would not be a good way to spend Christmas. I've had enough snow to have a spotty dusting.

Ugh... it worries me to see places already have a dusting. I certainly know about how I-26 can fill up in no time. According to the RUC though, it seems that there might be some slight warning despite the precipitation during the day so that the roads stay pretty clear. Of course if there is any heavy snowfall, than you can forget about it. Keep me updated and I'll make a decision by 10-11am today.

Madison, AL (5 N HSV)

34/32

Light R/S mix

Just woke up... the rooftops and lawns are all white, so I'm assuming we had primarily SN during the heavier precip that occurred about 30 minutes to an hour ago. Expecting that to happen again as it picks up towards daybreak.

There's a nice website there in Madison that a buddy of mine operates. http://www.knology.net/~blackjack52/

Ugh... it worries me to see places already have a dusting. I certainly know about how I-26 can fill up in no time. According to the RUC though, it seems that there might be some slight warning despite the precipitation during the day so that the roads stay pretty clear. Of course if there is any heavy snowfall, than you can forget about it. Keep me updated and I'll make a decision by 10-11am today.

I definitely will. I'm going to eat breakfast with parents, but should be back by about your decision time of 10 or 11.

Archived