Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
3/10 and beyond... all the waves threats

mappy

16 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

It had so much promise.  Frustrating.  But yeah, it's going to change about 20 times

We have time on our side for a positive change.  Maybe by june the GFS will finally nail down a track and we can get a tropical low up the coast

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

The waves around the 20th have the best chance. But we need that NS vortex up over the northern plains and upper Midwest to dig and phase into the SS. Recent runs have it stop and spin which pulls the SS waves to our NW.  That needs to either continue east and provide the confluence in front so a SS wave can do it alone, or dive SE and phase in. 
ETA Gfs does eventually phase but over MO after pinwheeling. We need that NS feature to not stall and continue east. 

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Well yeah, just commenting on the current state.  That one is probably our legit best chance this year.  If that doesn't work, then I dunno man

yea i dunno either but it will be almost april then by the so i kinda do know

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ji said:

yea i dunno either but it will be almost april then by the so i kinda do know

About 30% of my snow last winter came after March 12th. Including 2+ inches on April 18th. This pic was the April 18th storm. We arent done yet. Although with the way this winter has gone I almost wish we were.

1603803120_41822update.jpg.35e4eea5d40fcc952dce2dbde0206c21.jpg

• Like 2

It’s now obvious to me why these waves aren’t going to work for us. 

These are predominantly NS systems moving ESE from W Canada through the great lakes towards the northern MA coast. 

What we really need is an active southern stream with lows moving from the south/GOM northeast along the SE coast off OBX/VA beach. The h5 setup that enables this would be more conducive to getting cold air down here to support snow. 

NS vorts that don’t dig enough won’t get the job done. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, DarkSharkWX said:

the time frame around march 18th looks to be SS

Yeah it is. And there is also a nice HP over the top. But it appears to be trailing just a little to far back at this point. That one is probably our most realistic chance if we can get the HP to progress a little quicker and get some cold air forced down here. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Can't find soundings, but Euro at 84 hours has us north of 850s with light  precip.  Prob torching mid levels and sfc is above freezing

Pivotal isn't out to 84 yet, but here is DC at hr81

12zEuro_hr81.JPG

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic