Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
The last hurrah? Putting all the eggs in the Tuesday 3/14 basket

Ginx snewx

10 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

I appreciate your condolences.

And I didn’t mean that to sound insulting one bit. if it did, I sincerely apologize.,You seem like a smart guy, and know your stuff. My only point was, if this storm plays out as it’s currently depicted…I don’t think you need to worry in this scenario….that’s all.  

And I completely agree, this season is a complete turd from the get go, and it’s been wise to be pessimistic and guarded. I so hope this beast can break that persistence. 

Thank you again for the sympathy..it’s appreciated.

Also sorry to hear about your loss. Thoughts and prayers to you

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Kinda rotting at our latitude, but still decent. Hopefully we can make up for it with less slop.

Its occluding so that's really where most of our qpf is coming from once the system expands, Like to see this gain a little more lat before the stall and not blow its load that far south, If it stays wound below LI were fringed here if it ends up east of there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TalcottWx said:

There will be a lot of skepticism if snow maps are big. Especially since it's March, and this winter has been trash. Not to mention the snow bust today. 

I don’t think huge amounts should be hoisted outside of the double saggy boobs of higher terrain. Ray went just a little wild with his first call imo. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Still get the sense that there’s two camps. 

Interior looks pretty good as long as we avoid the furthest west members. We’d prob get crushed on all those buzzards bay to cape cod bay members…your area def wants that cluster east of the elbow. 

• Like 2

Just now, Sey-Mour Snow said:

925s are torched for many . Def take the lower end for many verbatim on that run .. looks like a change over after 8am Tuesday around here. 

EC2B1AA4-F98D-4E8E-BE5F-C206613E7CE6.gif

Is it still 35-40 at the surface? How warm are the road surfaces going to be? Meat during daytime? Bring them down!

925 is a concern.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Kitz Craver said:

My family… “Ryan my phone says we’re getting rain, what are you talking about?!” :arrowhead:

yeah I get that alot, even though I've been avidly following weather, models and the experience of some on this forum to aid in prognostication, and more often than not am right, still mostly my in laws tell me what the "news" said...hard to argue h5 evolution, teleconectors and ensemble members, etc ,when that's a different language for most

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Interior looks pretty good as long as we avoid the furthest west members. We’d prob get crushed on all those buzzards bay to cape cod bay members…your area def wants that cluster east of the elbow. 

Yeah even elbow is ok. I don’t want or expect a jack. Just hoping for a fun event.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

925s are torched for many . Def take the lower end for many verbatim on that run .. looks like a change over after 8am Tuesday around here. 

EC2B1AA4-F98D-4E8E-BE5F-C206613E7CE6.gif

I'll still take it here, won't take much to push that south some, thought I saw 850 temps for all of CT below 0C, no?