Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
New England Met Spring 2023 Banter

Baroclinic Zone

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I heard that 11pm is the curfew time, but many artists have gone over before, not sure what the end result is, fine?

Maybe it’ll be somewhat of a learning experience. The dude didn’t get on stage u til like 9:20pm. That is the latest anyone I’ve talked to has ever heard of a headliner coming out at Gillette. Doesn’t leave much wiggle room.

Noise curfews at a venue like that are up there with banning gas leaf blowers. 

3 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Here’s my problem with the whole thing. They kept people stranded for 45 minutes and restarted for 3 songs only to dump everyone outside the thunderstorm in the middle of a thunderstorm. Doesn’t make a whole ton of sense if “safety” is the reason.

On 7/20/2023 at 9:50 PM, tunafish said:

40th year for these guys.  Bonus: getting  rained off stage in Wilmington, NC last night.

Funny, same exact thing happened the night before to a different artist.  I even posted ITT (see quote).

Delayed start to set 2.  Three songs in they pull the plug.

Guitarist even says at the end of the clip "I want it on my permanent record:  I didn't want to stop playing.  They're making us stop."

4 hours ago, MaineJayhawk said:

Is it any different than a baseball game called in the bottom of the fifth?

Nope they don’t look at it much different operationally in my mind.  If you are in the event business, you are approaching it the same way each time.  Doesn’t matter the artist, they’ll follow the SOP and ticketing language.

3 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Diving into Facebook from people who claim To be “in the know” apparently luke was not impressed with how this was handled by stadium and local officials.

I for one am shocked that local government officials would handle this wrong.

It might not have been local government. It might have been the venue. I would also say that the town has to balance the interests of the business with its residents. 11:00 isn’t awful. The noise and stuff doesn’t stop immediately. I bet with big shows the disturbance doesn’t end until 2:00 or 3:00

7 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Heard from several people tonight that the sound quality was absolutely atrocious in the second and third levels.

Seeing it all over social too.

This dude is never going to want to step foot in Mass again :lol:. Rough weekend all the way around.

I’ve been to shows there where the sound in the 300s was awful and others where it was very good.   Might be weather dependent and also up to the sound guys

I wonder if the new enclosed end zone area makes a big difference

Taylor Swift didn’t seem to be affected by it 

8 hours ago, mreaves said:

It might not have been local government. It might have been the venue. I would also say that the town has to balance the interests of the business with its residents. 11:00 isn’t awful. The noise and stuff doesn’t stop immediately. I bet with big shows the disturbance doesn’t end until 2:00 or 3:00

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I’ve been to shows there where the sound in the 300s was awful and others where it was very good.   Might be weather dependent and also up to the sound guys

I wonder if the new enclosed end zone area makes a big difference

Taylor Swift didn’t seem to be affected by it 

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

In 2016 Gillette paid a $22k fine when a Springsteen concert went until 11:45.      Not a big deal

Someone theorized the new gigantic scoreboard was causing some sound issues, sounds plausible.

Might have been due to the weather but once outside the stadium, we could barely hear anything from inside. Once we got to about bass pro, we couldn’t hear anything. Like I said, might have been the weather, but it was interesting nonetheless 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Someone theorized the new gigantic scoreboard was causing some sound issues, sounds plausible.

Might have been due to the weather but once outside the stadium, we could barely hear anything from inside. Once we got to about bass pro, we couldn’t hear anything. Like I said, might have been the weather, but it was interesting nonetheless 

My brother lives a couple of miles to the SW in Foxboro.   He can normally hear concerts pretty clearly. I will ask him if the new construction has affected what he experiences the next time I talk to him 

20 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Heard from several people tonight that the sound quality was absolutely atrocious in the second and third levels.

This dude is never going to want to step foot in Mass again :lol:. Rough weekend all the way around.

Maybe he’ll come back to NH and play Bank Of NH Pavillion again.

Thinking of taking the kids boogie boarding at second beach in RI this week.  Is there a difference in conditions between hi and low tide for waves?  Preferring to be able to wade out 3-4' deep water to catch waves, versus having the kids be over their heads..  I haven't been in at least 6 or 7 years and can't remember if it stays pretty shallow at both ends of the tide or not.

On 7/23/2023 at 12:18 AM, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

If this guy is touring stadiums, then he should have a very seasoned rigging, sound and light crew with him.  The sound issues are not a Mass thing. 

4 hours ago, QCD17 said:

Thinking of taking the kids boogie boarding at second beach in RI this week.  Is there a difference in conditions between hi and low tide for waves?  Preferring to be able to wade out 3-4' deep water to catch waves, versus having the kids be over their heads..  I haven't been in at least 6 or 7 years and can't remember if it stays pretty shallow at both ends of the tide or not.

Ginxy would be your guy to answer that.

• Like 1

On 7/20/2023 at 2:58 PM, dryslot said:

I know a lot crap on Nickelback but they have some decent music as well as Seether and Theroy of a Deadman.

Nickelback has some of the most entertaining album reviews ever, that's worth something  "...despite all their newly developed relative nuances, Nickelback remain unchanged: they're still unspeakably awful."  :lol:

https://www.allmusic.com/album/all-the-right-reasons-mw0000166653

10 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

We live in the literal worst times.

https://www.boston25news.com/news/local/ashland-board-says-no-statue-marathon-dog/VB6NR3GKMVAK5PJKRU7R4RO3FA/?outputType=amp

85% of the town is in favor of it and some dumb select board votes no.

10 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Yup.  Dumb vote.   Their reasoning seemed dumb too

Make the statue

i kind of get their reasoning. the dog had no connection to the town, other than being there 1 day a year. i think the owner should put it on private property. The article says that he has several offers.

12 minutes ago, SJonesWX said:

i kind of get their reasoning. the dog had no connection to the town, other than being there 1 day a year. i think the owner should put it on private property. The article says that he has several offers.

Meh. 85% of their constituents were in favor and it was going to cost the town nothing. 

the only thing this accomplished is backlash and bad publicity for the town.