• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Ides of March end of Winter 2023

Well it looks like the people in NEPA will be getting snow worth talking about. My local TV stations here in Williamsport are all located in Scranton/Wilkes-Barre so I will be hearing all about it. I hope this verifies at least somewhat. I don't think anybody in PA will have another chance for double digit snow totals this winter, or probably even half of that. I am so sick of everything going down down down to nothing or the next thing to it.

image.thumb.png.0080052a6e241ba75f68ba63653171b2.png

7 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

can we just move on to the grass cutting part of our lives............................PLEASE

northern 1/2 of state did a little better from this,

but for us southers.....it was collosal....not epic

and I wont be around to read about mow #54...;)

• Haha 1

A storm will form along the coast and strengthen as it moves northeast. We should see rain showers today mixing with snow at times late tonight and into the day tomorrow. Some spots may pick up a small slushy accumulation.
Records for today: High 80 (1990) / Low 1 below zero {1896} / Precipitation 2.51" (1993) / Snow 15.2" (1993)
image.png.1b14ee6abcc74e90a58ffd5602880c02.png
  • Like 1

Looking over the tellies, this was likely the player in our current "winter" pattern.  As you can see the notable swing thru 8 helped to get winter closer for some of us, but as you can see, its likely to head twds COD or lower amp 1/2.  With that said, moving forward, the AO/PNA remaining much like they've been all winter, tells me that the NAO looking to once again head neg into next week, says much the same for us. 

NE may still get some late winter, but down here....close the friggin curtains already.  Northern/western had a few events but bye and large, I'll be glad to put this mess behind me. 

For all that are still sniffin out the next one....enjoy the chase.  

Statistical model MJO index forecasts

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wmsptwx said:

lol now it will be raw, rainy and windy until June.

I’m ready for spring at this point and I can do without the “raw” and “windy”. We really do need the rain around here, though. I just hope, come April, we continue to see temps more on the milder side and that “extreme” this year means things like thunderstorms, rather than life-threatening events.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, canderson said:

I cut grass last week and pulled weeds yesterday. The field across from me is starting to grow again too. 

Trees here are starting to bud which is still early but they've been budding early for so many years that I'm starting to think it's just normal for that to happen this early lol

6 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I just saw this - I don't know...I think NE PA is still in play for a 1' plus in spots. Wouldn't be surprised if some places report 14-18" like Mt. Pocono. 

Go pick your favorite go to model and loop through your beloved snowfall map outputs from the last 3-4 days.  Like everything else this year, this one is slipping away.  Yes, Poconos n points NE should get some fun, but the big stall/retrograde look, while still doing a single loop retro, is notably further NE and likely not what it was for the wester folks.  

1 minute ago, pasnownut said:

Go pick your favorite go to model and loop through your beloved snowfall map outputs from the last 3-4 days.  Like everything else this year, this one is slipping away.  Yes, Poconos n points NE should get some fun, but the big stall/retrograde look, while still doing a single loop retro, is notably further NE and likely not what it was for the wester folks.  

There is NOTHING beloved to me regarding snow maps - though looking at latest guidance, I'm likely going to be wrong. I'll stay with my call and see what happens. :)  

• Haha 2