• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Ides of March end of Winter 2023

8 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I should have mentioned the caveat to my total - my wife assumed measurements this year as everything fell while I as at work. So it's an official unofficial total. LOL

So...Blizz will say that it hasn't been THAT bad? :)  

I have a really good joke …

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

this will make Mike @Itstrainingtimesmile.......I turned the heat off to my bedrooms. That heat had not kicked on since the cold around Christmas.

speaking of ski resorts, i heard one of the resorts out west, could for the first time ever, not close one day for an entire year. 

During the 90 or so days of met winter, my heat was on a total of 24 nights, AC ran 11 nights, the remainder of the winter I didn't have to run anything. 

Mammoth is hoping to stay open all year - they currently have a 219 - 263" base (which is growing as we speak) but more importantly, there is over 70" of water in the snowpack. It's not going anywhere anytime soon. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

During the 90 or so days of met winter, my heat was on a total of 24 nights, AC ran 11 nights, the remainder of the winter I didn't have to run anything. 

Mammoth is hoping to stay open all year - they currently have a 219 - 263" base (which is growing as we speak) but more importantly, there is over 70" of water in the snowpack. It's not going anywhere anytime soon. 

I believe my evening will be spent watching youtube videos from out there :snowing: 

• Like 2

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

Euro really retrogades today's system and it's not that far off the coast on Sunday - wonder if that has any implications on this system? 

I would think it would as to the lack of strengthening but the glass half full version is that it is prime for changes though no reason to think great changes. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Final tallies at 10:1 show the 25" line extending well into NE PA and the 12" Line extending back into the northern areas of this forum.  About 1" on average in Lanco. 

1” qpf should get the job done 

• Weenie 1

33 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Hour 78 off the VA coast with light rain east of the Susky with some light snow in the Poconos. (paweather's map above) 

still think its one to watch.  That may be YOUR storm pal, and even if it doesnt amount to much...it cold easily be our best event of the year down here.  Feel better? :P