• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Ides of March end of Winter 2023

7 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

One of my friends have a son in the AAA tourney as a Freshman.  They (the parents) seem quite excited. 

It's always impressive to makes States as a freshman.  There isn't a single freshman in District 3 (Southcentral Regional) who made the state tournament at a weight above 114 pounds.  Might these friends of yours attend Gettysburg school district? ;)

• Like 1

Just now, Mount Joy Snowman said:

It's always impressive to makes States as a freshman.  There isn't a single freshman in District 3 (Southcentral Regional) who made the state tournament at a weight above 114 pounds.  Might these friends of yours attend Gettysburg school district? ;)

No, he is from Bubbletown.  He beat the guy from Gettysburg I believe (Jackson).  He may have been in the Consolation side of the "bracket".  

8 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

No, he is from Bubbletown.  He beat the guy from Gettysburg I believe (Jackson).  He may have been in the Consolation side of the "bracket".  

Ah yes I see him now.  Boiling Springs always has a strong program.  They just moved up to AAA for the first time this year.  Very nice.  Good luck to him today as he battles back through consolations.  PA States is a real meat grinder. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Ah yes I see him now.  Boiling Springs always has a strong program.  They just moved up to AAA for the first time this year.  Very nice.  Good luck to him today as he battles back through consolations.  PA States is a real meat grinder. 

Yes, they were strong even back when I was there, and I was proud of them for getting to AAA in any of the sports.  Their area to draw from is not large if you have ever been to South Middleton Township.  There are no parachute teams dropping from the sky at airports there.    They had the most team points in the AAA tourney for SC PA I believe (a month or so ago).   Beating much larger schools like Cumberland Valley. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yes, they were strong even back when I was there, and I was proud of them for getting to AAA in any of the sports.  Their area to draw from is not large if you have ever been to South Middleton Township.  There are no parachute teams dropping from the sky at airports there.    They had the most team points in the AAA tourney for SC PA I believe (a month or so ago).   Beating much larger schools like Cumberland Valley. 

Indeed.  They were third at the SC regional tournament behind only Central Dauphin and Gettysburg.  They are one of the smallest schools in AAA, so like you said impressive to be beating much larger schools.  Good stuff. 

Back to weather, NAM looks interesting towards the end of its run for Monday. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Indeed.  They were third at the SC regional tournament behind only Central Dauphin and Gettysburg.  They are one of the smallest schools in AAA, so like you said impressive to be beating much larger schools.  Good stuff. 

Uh...yes it does...

15 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

The Canderson Flood Away Monday storm? 

• Like 1