Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2023

Rjay

31 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

18z eps way nw for the 3rd. Would be all rain 

There's a good 50/50 and block in place. 

I think we'll see models deamplify and trend S/E like we're seeing for the 28th as we get closer. 

Blocking regimes are prob the only time where systems trend S/E as we get closer though that doesn't always apply. 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

34 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

Fridays ugly on the gfs. No frozen near the city

Cmc a big hit south jersey mid Atlantic. Few inches elsewhere

Ukie looks like a big hit incoming

It all comes down to the strength of the 50/50 underneath the blocking high. 

GFS is the weakest with it so the storm cuts N/W however the last few runs have been trending better with that feature.

If trends continue then you'll see big shifts S/E and a transfer to the coast. We'll know a lot more after the 28th storm passes. 

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

5 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

Still on track for approx the 10th.

GEFS and GEPS are on board.

GEFS is later and GEPS is sooner. Will post the EPS and it's in the middle timing wise.

image.thumb.png.c71fb34c7b0414a3f63d1b3fbbe9ced3.png

Whats the difference between GEPS and EPS lol.  Why all these acronyms lol-- why can't we just call them the Euro Ensembles and GFS ensembles?

7 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

If that starts getting delayed much beyond March 10th, start worrying

Yeah definitely.

The good news is this time it has not been delayed to date. GEFS was always a couple days later than the EPS. Likely resulting from the difference in timing of the MJO.

I am 90% certain of a favorable window at this time. My question is the duration. 7 days. 10. Up in the air.

Of course a favorable window does not guarantee that success olis realized.

1 hour ago, snowman19 said:

No, it’s really not. It’s consistently showing an inland runner setup, small movements run to run are noise

Agree, if anything the other models are trending more north. Imo this has room to trend even more north, the trough is going negative over the midwest. The gfs has a low over SNE, but I wouldn’t be surprised if this ends up over Buffalo in the end. The gfs isn’t the best model but just looking at the overall setup and the ensemble guidance, a more north solution makes sense.

15 minutes ago, George001 said:

Agree, if anything the other models are trending more north. Imo this has room to trend even more north, the trough is going negative over the midwest. The gfs has a low over SNE, but I wouldn’t be surprised if this ends up over Buffalo in the end. The gfs isn’t the best model but just looking at the overall setup and the ensemble guidance, a more north solution makes sense.

Sadly I agree

• BxEngine pinned this topic
  • Rjay unpinned this topic