Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2023

Rjay

5 hours ago, MJO812 said:

Very close runs for this weekend for the area

The GFS as usual is missing the fact that even if its track is correct we will see snow even to the coast for awhile to start.  I am still concerned about the system prior to this flattening things enough that the people in the far north camp might be disappointed in the end but its also not gonna be a DCA event either 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, SnoSki14 said:

Sure but it has almost zero staying power. I personally hate late winter snows. 

Anything outside of a 1956 or 1888 or 2018 to some extent after March 10 is meh to me. 

But because I've had nothing this winter I'll settle for anything just once. Hopefully Monday night delivers

you forgot 1982 and 2003 too

13 hours ago, Winterweatherlover said:

Better well defined secondary this run it looks like. Would be kind of frustrating to waste this with cold air at the start of the storm but I can see your snow to rain scenario being a possible outcome.   

the reality is 90% of the storms here are snow to rain, getting a big all snow storm is very rare

I dont care for that kind of storm, but some do

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

GEPS are the Canadian ensembles. They match the EPS in cold however start the good period a couple days later like the GEFS

But why do their names look so similar?  They should change the names so their acronyms dont look alike.  GEPS should be changed to CEPS. and GEFS should be changed to AEFS.

7 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

There's probably a March 10-15 window and there have been notable events around that period in the past. 

It's really the last realistic chance at something significant as anything after mid March is highly anomalous.

March 1992 may be an analog after a paltry winter season.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

So instead of rgem I have to type out regional Canadian model?

RGEM is well known and doesn't look like the others, but GEFS, GEPS and EPS all look very similar to me, especially GEPS and EPS. I am going to start calling it the CEPS from now on, for obvious reasons.

6 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Who would have thought? Everyone bashes the GFS and look.

Another storm that trended unfavorable. Smh.

It’s why I haven’t even commented on this storm yet. It’s impossible to be excited about anything more than 4-5 days out. Maybe the confluence can press it south but the SE ridge is going to try and make it cut. I plan to enjoy whatever falls tonight/tomorrow and hopefully at some point by the end we can get a little more. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

It’s why I haven’t even commented on this storm yet. It’s impossible to be excited about anything more than 4-5 days out. Maybe the confluence can press it south but the SE ridge is going to try and make it cut. I plan to enjoy whatever falls tonight/tomorrow and hopefully at some point by the end we can get a little more. 

There's also just a lack of cold air. 

And now the Cmc caved

• BxEngine pinned this topic
  • Rjay unpinned this topic