Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2023

Rjay

3 minutes ago, Winterweatherlover said:

This was never really going to be our storm unless we got lucky with the blocking squashing it, but spring isn't coming yet, the favorable period for wintry weather is more so mid month. 

GFS/CMC looking much warmer for March. I think models are gonna back down on the cool anomalies and we'll still see an above normal month

2 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

Enjoy whatever you get tonight/tomorrow morning. Those hoping for a big winter comeback 3/10 through the end of the March are probably going to be very disappointed. March, 2018 isn’t walking through the door

Depends on one's expectations really. 

2018 was historic. I almost received an entire years snowfall after March 1st. I would agree I am not getting a years snowfall this March/April.

It will get colder as compared to average. The pattern will still be active.

If one is happy with the best pattern for snowfall since December then they will not be disappointed. 

As always a good pattern does not guarantee snow. However, its better than March 2012.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

Enjoy whatever you get tonight/tomorrow morning. Those hoping for a big winter comeback 3/10 through the end of the March are probably going to be very disappointed. March, 2018 isn’t walking through the door

We are getting our biggest snow of the year tonight and you are still being negative. I haven’t seen too many people predict  it’s going to be a  March 2018 repeat. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

what about the Friday into Saturday storm? I am seeing our local media outlets predicting snow now and temps in the 30s.

We are getting our biggest snow of the year tonight and you are still being negative. I haven’t seen too many people predict  it’s going to be a  March 2018 repeat. 

It’s called being realistic, not negative. Is it going to get cold relative to March averages starting on 3/10 and beyond? Yes, if the models are correct. Is there going to be a parade of KU’s up the coast a la March, 2018? Incredibly doubtful
  • Weenie 5

4 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

It’s called being realistic, not negative. Is it going to get cold relative to March averages starting on 3/10 and beyond? Yes, if the models are correct. Is there going to be a parade of KU’s up the coast a la March, 2018? Incredibly doubtful

Ok you are right about that but I haven’t seen too many people predicting that except maybe one or two posts. 

4 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

Eps looks absolutely amazing starting around March 10th for a late season storm. Hopefully we hold that look for the next few days 

There's probably a window somewhere there but we've had favorable looks before. 

I do think odds are a lot better than December though. -PNA much less of an issue 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, snowman19 said:

I think most would settle for March 1992 lol.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Winterweatherlover said:

GFS just came in noticeably colder for Friday, nice front end thump. 

https://www.pivotalweather.com/model.php?m=gfs&p=snku_024h-imp&rh=2023022718&fh=114&r=us_ne&dpdt=&mc=

There will almost certainly be front end snows with this, even at the coast with the high where it is located.  Winds would probably be NE ahead of it and we'd funnel in fairly dry air but it would flip after 1 inch at best as currently depicted.

• Like 6

There will almost certainly be front end snows with this, even at the coast with the high where it is located.  Winds would probably be NE ahead of it and we'd funnel in fairly dry air but it would flip after 1 inch at best as currently depicted.

The models show 725-750mb getting torched very quickly. I can see more sleet than a big dump of snow at the onset, even north and west of NYC. Warm noses are always badly undermodeled at this range. Verbatim there would be fairly intense WAA at 725-750mb with the low level jet punching in
  • Like 1
  • Weenie 2

3 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

The models show 725-750mb getting torched very quickly. I can see more sleet than a big dump of snow at the onset, even north and west of NYC. Warm noses are always badly undermodeled at this range. Verbatim there would be fairly intense WAA at 725-750mb with the low level jet punching in

I still have some concerns the front running system is going to mess this storm up to some degree...it may just take another 24-36 hours til the models begin seeing it

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

what about for the Poconos? I may be headed there that weekend

• BxEngine pinned this topic
  • Rjay unpinned this topic