• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Very persistent signal for moderate snow and ice impact between "Wed night" and "Thur night" this week

Typhoon Tip

4 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

What would you expect for sleet accums down this way? Looks like the euro is a paint peeler 

Will be dependent on QPF and temps. Tough to really say. If you want more than an inch of sleet I’d like to see temps less than 32 and a solid half inch qpf. 

4 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I like keeping one thread, but if tomorrow produces there are going to be a lot of obs that will clog up this thread. 

I think we could start an obs thread late tonight as a compromise. The model analysis can stay in here for the next 12 hours on the 2/21 stuff. 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

On today’s euro (For 12z  Thursday to 0z Friday ) the 32 isotherm is closer to Boston than it was On the 0z run 

It just doesn’t really rip it southeast like some guidance which is what the “tuck” part of cold tuck is really defined by.

It actually cools during the day Thursday over the interior though…obvious cold drain going on there but not the same as the tuck south/southeast. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It just doesn’t really rip it southeast like some guidance which is what the “tuck” part of cold tuck is really defined by.

It actually cools during the day Thursday over the interior though…obvious cold drain going on there but not the same as the tuck south/southeast. 

Yeah usually models aren’t quick enough to bring it further SE.  Definitely related to some ageostrophic processes and the meso low.

7 minutes ago, wx2fish said:

Nam remains wild tomorrow

Starts ripping in CT by midnight or so. Could be an interesting sensible wx shock…people grilling dinner at 55-60F in CT this evening to parachutes falling with several inches already OTG when they wake up. 

Other mesos continue to be a bit more tame but they still have it. More like 1-2” or so. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Starts ripping in CT by midnight or so. Could be an interesting sensible wx shock…people grilling dinner at 55-60F in CT this evening to parachutes falling with several inches already OTG when they wake up. 

Other mesos continue to be a bit more tame but they still have it. More like 1-2” or so. 

Patiently waiting to see what it looks like tomorrow am

AFD59940-D7C7-47AA-9AB9-3857D2634B62.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I made a thread. 

3 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Way north too.  So far on its own but is it sniffing reality or glue?

3k seemed to start as snow while 12k was a furnace. My gut says we don’t get much snow in the pike region for 2/23, but Everytime I convince myself of that, the non-NAM runs keep singing a different tune. Hopefully we get a little more clarity tonight. 

42 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

3k seemed to start as snow while 12k was a furnace. My gut says we don’t get much snow in the pike region for 2/23, but Everytime I convince myself of that, the non-NAM runs keep singing a different tune. Hopefully we get a little more clarity tonight. 

Scott mentioned yesterday the heights on model runs has trended lower due to flatter weaker look of the wave moving across country , is the nam keeping the low more intact and pumping heights more than other guidance (if you follow what I’m trying to say )

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Scott mentioned yesterday the heights on model runs has trended lower due to flatter weaker look of the wave moving across country , is the nam keeping the low more intact and pumping heights more than other guidance (if you follow what I’m trying to say )

I noticed a subtle trend to raise heights now. :( 

• Thanks 1

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Very persistent signal for moderate snow and ice impact between "Wed night" and "Thur night" this week
  • ORH_wxman unpinned this topic