• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit

6 minutes ago, Winterweatherlover said:

Of course a Kuchera map would show less than this map, but at least the Euro keeps hope alive that we can see a little snow-sleet accumulation. I still don't like the setup and lean towards no accumulation, but it's a close call and we have a chance to see a little something. 

3 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

Of course a Kuchera map would show less than this map, but at least the Euro keeps hope alive that we can see a little snow-sleet accumulation. I still don't like the setup, but it's a close call and we have a chance to see a little something. 

https://www.pivotalweather.com/model.php?m=ecmwf_full&p=sfct-imp&rh=2023022412&fh=90&r=us_ne&dpdt=&mc=

Not bad at all temp wise during heaviest precip. Of course it's just one run. 

1 minute ago, Winterweatherlover said:

I was actually on north shore of LI for that storm at school at Stony Brook. It was all sleet I think. 

like 4 inches of snow here then sleet then a capper of freezing rain at the end.  St Paddy's Day 2007 was all sleet my door was stuck I could not open it lol

2 minutes ago, weatherpruf said:

That was all sleet. Nothing to write home about. But even that winter was better than this one. It's not even been cold enough to sleet much. Saw something about ESE winds. That's rain.

Yea the lack of cold air is definitely a concern here. I certainly don't feel confident in wintry precip but could also see it happening if everything aligns well. At least this storm is trackable inside of 96 hours for the immediate metro area which I can't remember any other storms being this winter.   

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, weatherpruf said:

That was all sleet. Nothing to write home about. But even that winter was better than this one. It's not even been cold enough to sleet much. Saw something about ESE winds. That's rain.

We had like 2-4 inches of sleet here in middlesex county. Very impressive imo. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Winterweatherlover said:

The Keep Hope Alive run here on the north shore. I’d need to see more runs do the same but the fast decaying primary is really the only way NYC has a prayer with this one. 

• Like 2

Just now, jm1220 said:

The Keep Hope Alive run here on the north shore. I’d need to see more runs do the same but the fast decaying primary is really the only way NYC has a prayer with this one. 

It's been happening more an more.  Get that block into position.  Get this thing off the south jersey coast an let it get fuel from the warm atlantic 

3 minutes ago, Franklin0529 said:

It's been happening more a more.  Get that block into position.  Get this thing off the south jersey coast an let it get fuel from the warm atlantic 

Maybe the blocking/confluence can stay a little more stout and we don’t have as strong a S/W riding into it and it shears out a little. I still rate this as unlikely but having a prayer vs totally screwed is a positive. 

• Like 2

Just now, winterwx21 said:

Yeah it shifted well south. It gives 2 to 3 inches for southern NJ and nothing for us, lol. That would be fitting for this miserable winter. 

I was always less interested in tomorrow than Mon. I think tomorrow is half inch at best, maybe a bit more for extreme southern parts of the subforum but the NAM as we continue to see is terrible and flip flops.