Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
February 2023 Obs/Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Where all this gone wild behavior come from ? Pattern looks the same with troughing out west and pacific mess 

That’s not where the change is coming from. It’s coming from the PV pressing early on and then later it’s the retrograding NAO block. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Where all this gone wild behavior come from ? Pattern looks the same with troughing out west and pacific mess 

Enough blocking and cold to our north. It’s a good gradient look. Here’s the EPS for Thu morning. Looks like a torch for us right? Obviously it’ll be snowing under some of those pretty oranges. The devil is in the details.

image.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I just don’t think the block will happen . I guess that’s my issue with this whole snowy Morch idea. 

Ok that’s fair…but it’s getting established already by D10, so we’d prob need a quick reversal in guidance for it not to materialize. I don’t find that likely…but it’s still possible. 

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Ok that’s fair…but it’s getting established already by D10, so we’d prob need a quick reversal in guidance for it not to materialize. I don’t find that likely…but it’s still possible. 

Good consensus amongst ensemble guidance as well…EPS, GEFS, GEPS

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Can’t decode that one other than We

I’m just hoping and praying it’s cold enough here for some ice  this week . I need it to lift spirits. I can’t take another 34.2 rainer 

Wish we lived there? 

You’ll get some frozen first then the snowers come after. You’ll be on cloud nine shortly so get your maga blanket handy.

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Can’t decode that one other than We

I’m just hoping and praying it’s cold enough here for some ice  this week . I need it to lift spirits. I can’t take another 34.2 rainer 

Wish we.

It’s late Feb so who cares? I think you’re more worried about losing to Ray again than the actual rain possibility?

10 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Wish we.

It’s late Feb so who cares? I think you’re more worried about losing to Ray again than the actual rain possibility?

I don’t care about that . I honestly don’t recall the last time he had more snow than here in a winter. It’s been at least several years. I just don’t want anymore rain. If it has to rain, let’s freeze it 

3 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I had the same thought :lol:.

All nighter for a period that’s likely to produce 2 inches of snow and maybe some light glaze. We salute you.

Meh. I used to do the night shift with my kids when they were infants. 2hr power naps, change a diaper, put them back to sleep, and peak at overnight runs. 

25 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Enough blocking and cold to our north. It’s a good gradient look. Here’s the EPS for Thu morning. Looks like a torch for us right? Obviously it’ll be snowing under some of those pretty oranges. The devil is in the details.

image.png

Like Ronnie James says It’s like Heaven and Hell

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I had the same thought :lol:.

All nighter for a period that’s likely to produce 2 inches of snow and maybe some light glaze. We salute you.

He’s got an infant…if he’s up changing diapers and dealing with a crying baby, why not look at some modeling while you’re at it?  

And for once, look at what could be transpiring shortly, instead of just constantly degrading every single potential?  It’s sucked to date, and Maybe it produces less than your forecast 2”, but the changes seem to be trending closer, and that’s all we know currently.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I don't see a signal like this evaporating. this is probably the best way to get a legit west-based block. it's strengthening, moving forward in time, and bolstered by the effects of the SSW

will we get anything out of it? who knows, but I would be surprised if there wasn't a large storm if this block does indeed come to fruition

ecmwf-ensemble-avg-nhemi-z500_anom-1676764800-1677520800-1678060800-20-2.thumb.gif.eeccd9d06579ee11c5755a75140079c2.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

I don't see a signal like this evaporating. this is probably the best way to get a legit west-based block. it's strengthening, moving forward in time, and bolstered by the effects of the SSW

will we get anything out of it? who knows, but I would be surprised if there wasn't a large storm if this block does indeed come to fruition

ecmwf-ensemble-avg-nhemi-z500_anom-1676764800-1677520800-1678060800-20-2.thumb.gif.eeccd9d06579ee11c5755a75140079c2.gif

It’s a good look verbatim. Hopefully something comes about. 

• Like 2