• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Mid/Long Range Disco 3: The great recovery or shut the blinds?

psuhoffman

As currently advertised, this window may be our best shot. A low tracks to our NW and combines with a spoke of vorticity rotating southward off the TPV, and then heads towards Atlantic Canada. That looks to finally push the boundary far enough south for the following wave to produce some frozen precip. 

1674820800-0PFCf4vIcgQ.png

1674799200-LSAo4n9nQx8.png

• Like 7

As currently advertised, this window may be our best shot. A low tracks to our NW and combines with a spoke of vorticity rotating southward off the TPV, and then heads towards Atlantic Canada. That looks to finally push the boundary far enough south for the following wave to produce some frozen precip. 
I'm gonna go ahead and name this the ji storm
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ji said:
35 minutes ago, CAPE said:

I'm gonna go ahead and name this the ji storm

You said the 28th right? Gonna be close.

I’m not taking responsibility for this shit show anymore. I created a whole other thread and now y’all debating whether debate happens in here. The problem in this thread isn’t posts about snow trends it’s that it’s January 15th and it hasn’t snowed at all and there is nothing imminent on the horizon.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nj2va said:

We know. You’ve said it 5000000000000 times. 

Ya well it’s the JMA and ppl were throwing it around like it was some great run. The rain snow line was about to blast through while the low was still 500 miles south of us!  My reaction to that run was very different. But to each their own. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I’m not taking responsibility for this shit show anymore. I created a whole other thread and now y’all debating whether debate happens in here. The problem in this thread isn’t posts about snow trends it’s that it’s January 15th and it hasn’t snowed at all and there is nothing imminent on the horizon.  

You said 'shit show' so I had to try out the Fozz emote.B)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Take a deep breath.  

tenor.gif

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

26 minutes ago, Ji said:

We need some help in the Atlantic to suppress ..flatten the se ridge. This would work321470778ba06b43b2afa592af751cf9.jpg

Dude when you have that Nina HP in the Aleutians and of course the Pac LP to go with it the SER doesnt matter. The Conus is getting swamped with Pac air. It is over. The Pac is a debacle. And it has been for 3 years. 

Even with some signs of a SER on the LR GEFS, it is encouraging to see a wide and deep swath of BN temps to the N and even our areas are BN 850s and near N 2m temps. Definitely doesn't look like a Nina SER torch even given the PAC pig ridge near the WPO. I think the EPO is helping funnel some CPF from Siberia to the N and into the Midwest and also we keep seeing weakness tendencies in the 50/50 region. Once again, this Nina not behaving like a typical one we would see. Some tellies match up but some other features just do not.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Heisy said:

There’s a bunch of hits on all 3 ensemble means for around 27th

Not sure I would describe it that way.

If you consider all the members of the GEFS, GEPS, and EPS as a group, there are some hits(frozen) for that period. More generally the latest ens runs suggest the best chance of frozen in our region is from around the 27th onward.

• Like 2

Guys,  please hear me out. This climate talk has really got to stop.  I don’t mind if you drop it in as an observation that directly relates to your post, it’s the tangential nature that goes too far. Stop. Please?  There’s a whole ass TWO forums where you can discuss the subject until your eyes pop out.  I’m strongly against politics or anything political on the weather side. Let’s bond over our common insanity regarding weather, ok?  So I ask (for now) that we adhere to this and leave the political and contentious shit where it belongs.  Thanks, you filthy animals.  

• Like 15
  • Thanks 10

8 hours ago, Solution Man said:

We’re so DONE

Ocean temps in the upper 40 s off NJ. , way above normal in certain locations.  If Feb or March doesn't offer a period of deep cold SSTs will remain above normal and primed for an early beach season.  If I can't ski I mine as well surf.   

ssta.daily.current.thumb.png.84cf436826d601e113fa9ff311b41644.png

• Like 1