Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2023

wdrag

2 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

Always 240+ hours away the winter of digital snow lol emoji23.png

Maybe. I just find it interesting that this guy tends to nail down the exact period every year where we score something. He called this period of early Feb like 2 months ago and specifically added a few date ranges 3 or 4 weeks ago. 

Maybe. I just find it interesting that this guy tends to nail down the exact period every year where we score something. He called this period of early Feb like 2 months ago and specifically added a few date ranges 3 or 4 weeks ago. 

I don’t know who you’re referring to, but early February is our prime snow season, so it’s an easy call.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, North and West said:

I don’t know who you’re referring to, but early February is our prime snow season, so it’s an easy call.

I kind of agree: I know some mets in the Boston area always tend to like a snow event within a couple of days of Feb 7. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, North and West said:

A poster on the forum @Roger Smith. He uses atronomy as a tool in forecasting. I get what you're saying about prime climo but to specifically nail a 3 day range in this crud winter over a month ago that is starting to look like it may be the only one period that produces is quite remarkable tbh. Let's see what happens before we carry him around on a victory lap, but looks intriguing for now anyway.

• Like 2

Morning thoughts…

Light rain or wet snow will end today. High temperatures will reach the lower 40s in most areas.  Likely high temperatures around the region include:

New York City (Central Park): 41°

Newark: 43°

Philadelphia: 43°

After a dry Tuesday, accumulating snow changing to rain will arrive in New York City on Wednesday. 

Normals:

New York City: 30-Year: 39.2°; 15-Year: 39.7°

Newark: 30-Year: 39.7°; 15-Year: 40.4°

Philadelphia: 30-Year: 41.0°; 15-Year: 41.5°

• Like 1

A poster on the forum [mention=313]Roger Smith[/mention]. He uses atronomy as a tool in forecasting. I get what you're saying about prime climo but to specifically nail a 3 day range in this crud winter over a month ago that is starting to look like it may be the only one period that produces is quite remarkable tbh. Let's see what happens before we carry him around on a victory lap, but looks intriguing for now anyway.

The Euro has that same storm too but it’s all rain even into Canada
  • Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

The next 8 days are averaging      40degs.(35/44) or +7.

Month to date is      43.4[+9.5].        Should be       42.5[+8.8] by the 31st.

Reached 43 here yesterday at midnight(42 daytime).

Today:     38-40, wind n. to nw-breezy late, Rain till 4pm, 35 tomorrow AM.

WE INTERRUPT THIS BORING WINTER to inform you that the % of at least 1" of snow has finally reached 100.       Jan. 25, Feb.03,07 are the main suspects in this crime:

1675814400-xTSQUjA4VP0.png

39*(99%RH) here at 6am, really all night except 38 at 5am, rain.     40* at 9am.      39* at Noon.       37* at 2pm.     Back up to 39* at 4pm.       36* at 9pm.

Judging by the radar in E PA, most of us should at least get a period of snow as that precip pivots through. It might just be white rain for many though unless it can crash the temp down to near 32. The upper levels are cooling enough though to allow snow. 

Rapid midlevel cooling north and west of the city right now

• Rjay unpinned this topic