Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 22 - 25 possible historic wintery/mix/rain event obs

Hurricane Agnes

1 hour ago, JTA66 said:

9F…and now with the added pleasure of shocking myself every time I touch something around the house.

About 10 years ago we lived in an old apartment with high-pile, wall-to-wall carpet. I was tired of basically defibrillating myself every time I touched something metal, and specifically, the (at the time) metal scroll wheel in my mouse. I came up with the idea of running a bare copper wire in and around my slippers. I recall that it worked pretty great, so long as my socks weren't too thick.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, donsutherland1 said:

At 10 pm EST, the temperature in Philadelphia was 11F (-11.7C). The temperature has now fallen 48F (26.7C) from the day's high. That is the second largest daily range on record.

Super nuts. Went outside and could barely breath between to cold and wind. Looked like I was smoking from exhaling. I'll tell ya, it clears the lungs out and breathing better once inside and getting your shit together...

6F

• Like 1

rdseTHL.png

Took the puppy for her evening constitutional in the back yard a little while ago. That was the quickest she's gone out to pee and come back ever! lol

Properly cold and still gusty. I have a cheesy, xmas-themed, black sweatshirt with the GoT quote "Winter is coming" on it; I'm thinking of wearing it out tomorrow on my last-minute errands with some blue tape over the "coming" part with "here" written on it with sharpie. Hope I get some laughs.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, LVblizzard said:

Currently some light to moderate snow in Bethlehem. Sticking to everything. The flakes are so fine it’s not even showing up on the radar.

It's so damn cold...good to hear!

When it was snowing this afternoon and temps were dropping the flakes got super small and blowing all over. I wish my event happened at night, maybe more accumulation.

58 minutes ago, donsutherland1 said:

At 11 pm EST, the temperature in Philadelphia was 9F (-12.8C). The temperature has now fallen 50F (27.8C) from the day's high. That sets a new record for largest daily range. The old record was 49F (27.2C), which was set on January 9, 1978.

Yep. just seen that, nuts.

5F

20 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Well my station "officially" registered a 50 degree temp drop in under 22 hours.

So far I am currently at 6 with dp -5 (my deep freezer that cycles on and off and has a sensor in it so I can track it, is c currently at -6 (it cycles down to about -14 or so). :lol:

summary-dec242022-6am-annotated-12242022.PNG

Just checked mine.  51.1F drop in 24 hours.  Wild!

12-23 @ 2AM:  58.6F

12-24 @ 2AM:  7.5F

12-24-22...temp drop.png

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BBasile said:

Just checked mine.  51.1F drop in 24 hours.  Wild!

12-23 @ 2AM:  58.6F

12-24 @ 2AM:  7.5F

12-24-22...temp drop.png

My current just dropped to 5 (dp -7).  That is some serious cold this early in the season!  :o

I had pooh-poohed some of the models showing single digits here in the city (due to it being December and not January or February) but right now PHL is at 8.

• Like 1