Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pre-Christmas (Dec 21-23rd) Winter Storm

Chicago Storm

10 hours ago, SolidIcewx said:

EA7EF9F8-CDD8-4FAE-AD65-C951B1B8C125.jpeg

0z Euro is a Scrooge storm for the ages over here in SEMI. Wave bye-bye as the GFS's westward movement towards the EC's portrayal continues. We're the dryslot capital remember. You in AA ofc might have less concerns. Two prior biggies for SMI had a horrid cut-off east of your area. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, ChiTownSnow said:

Question.. given that it is around the holidays, when do you think winter storm watches would be hoisted?   I would assume giving the situation, a bit earlier than normal? 

There has already been messaging. Hoisting has a specific protocol.

3 hours ago, michsnowfreak said:

I'll take the 6z gfs please.

Yeah, well who wouldn't, right? Saved Kuchera maps for all-time model weenie clownage for SMI. Now we trend lower and lower as the GFS continues to fold to King Euro and blasts S Lake Mich region. Not a good sign for SEMI if MQT is pumped for a NW trend

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, sbnwx85 said:

Pretty good agreement among the models at this stage. Hoping the west trend stops here otherwise I’m going to be dealing with mixing issues. Still in a great spot for now.

Yep, sitting on the north side of Indy, 12z was about 20 miles too far nw from being a biblical storm here. 

5 minutes ago, RogueWaves said:

GFS being either way too gifting with the subtle shunt east for SEMI, or it is another Grinch tease as it pulls the rug in the next 24 hrs and we suck dry slotting with the SLP running up our arse

I think we both know how this is gonna end up. We're stuck in the middle of big dog purgatory.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Ahh just like the old days with the ol' northwest trend.  Just need another 150 miles please lol.
150 probably a bridge too far..that said this is a very large system so everyone is going to see action and plenty of it, a complete crush job on naperville, il weds night thur friday would be ideal and then my exit on saturday
  • Like 1

• Chicago Storm changed the title to Pre-Christmas (Dec 21-23rd) Winter Storm