Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December 2022 Obs/Disc

40/70 Benchmark

27 minutes ago, TalcottWx said:

I approached, and asked. Do you remember I have an event on our shared calendar for Saturday. She just stared. I said, yes my weather forum weenie extravaganza. Oh yes I told you she says, don't you remember I said the family travel Trump's it. The sad part is no I don't even remember having that conversation #cte. I did ask her if she wanted to skip the family party and join us at funky Murphys which resulted in agree steps up the stairs back to her office. To be fair, holiday and family events are extremely important to her. They are hosting the entire one side of the families extended cousins brothers etc. And she is doing a good deal of the cooking. Haven't seen this side of the fam in awhile, I like them more than my own. Pretty excited about it, won't lie. But if I can get a general gauge on how long you will all be at funkys, I'll at least be able to try to manuever. I really enjoyed meeting some new faces like wxwatcher, might have been first time I met hubbdave, winter wolf is great. Other than that I have the memory of a gold fish. Scott's never shown up to a g2g I went to, I think he has a problem with me. Now he's talking about hugging ray, he seems thrilled

Don't sweat it dude...we get it......we'll just play dice with your balls after your wife mails them in an envelope to Funky Murphy's.

• Haha 11

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Those are things of beauty. No SWFE on those. Primary is so far west and weakening that the secondary takes over deep in the south. Week away but as we thought last night this is evolving into a beautiful Nor’easter 

Even though it looks great at the sfc there, gotta remember that a lot of these are still bringing in some milder air from the east just off the deck up to around 900mb. We'll want to see that trend continue to wane...that's what I'll be looking for today.

• Like 2

Many areas had 12-16" in eastern MA away from the coast. It was insane. I had about 6" total in Marshfield, but most of that fell in an hour. 

One thing I do recall seeing, was the violent mixing of winds. I'd say we had gusts to about 70. But it came from the N and then would be NW..then back to N. That isn't supposed to happen. Just an insane event.

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Traffic nightmare was 12/13/07

The day the stratosphere met Cape Cod Bay was 12/9/05. That storm will forever be one of the most intense events seen in modern history. 100+mph winds on the Cape. It was basically a MCS of snow around rt 128. 

Yea, that's right.