Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
November 2022 OBS/DISC

Baroclinic Zone

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Meanwhile, a rare SW-WSW flow may give the islands and outer cape some ocnl mixed ra/sn or perhaps straight shsn tomorrow into Sunday. That's pretty cool. 

Couple chances for flurries/snow showers elsewhere too....two solid vort maxes move through. First one later tomorrow and then another on Sunday. So those who didn't get first flakes a couple nights ago have a chance this weekend.

Could even see some today too, though the latter two days look better.

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Couple chances for flurries/snow showers elsewhere too....two solid vort maxes move through. First one later tomorrow and then another on Sunday. So those who didn't get first flakes a couple nights ago have a chance this weekend.

Yeah hopefully. Some guidance has shown some detached streamers coming by in certain areas too. 

42 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

There's definitely a signal for something but tracking it well over a week out is a little silly. 

A complete shift on the eps from cutter to offshore a week out is a great sign that it won’t be at least cutting. 
Slider or up the coast are the most likely options at this point

15 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Friday pm looks to me like it’s a ground whitener - 1” or so 

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

From a lakes cutter to offshore on the EPS

I think some of you were already saying that a lakes cutter didn't seem as logical due to the ridge out west along with some other model guidances. So, I don't find this to be a surprise.

I am not on board yet that we are going to see a major snow or sleet event, but I will say that both Bob Maxon ( WVIT ) and Gil Simmons ( WTNH ) are putting out there the possibility of " Something interesting " next Friday/Saturday. They even lowered the highs those days to low to mid 40's. 

Time will tell!!

2 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

I think some of you were already saying that a lakes cutter didn't seem as logical due to the ridge out west along with some other model guidances. So, I don't find this to be a surprise.

I am not on board yet that we are going to see a major snow or sleet event, but I will say that both Bob Maxon ( WVIT ) and Gil Simmons ( WTNH ) are putting out there the possibility of " Something interesting " next Friday/Saturday. They even lowered the highs those days to low to mid 40's. 

Time will tell!!

The surprise is how bad the euro has become, That's the real story and is troubling i think.

• Like 5

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Models are going to swing a ton on a day 8-9 threat....why all the hand-wringing? We used to barely even look beyond D6 on deterministic solutions.

GEFS def seemed to have the better idea over the EPS though on the pattern late next week.

I think it's more of the pattern look. I was shocked to see the EPS changes starting so early and growing so large in the 6-10 day. Not even a sizeable change...just a complete flip out west.

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

I think it's more of the pattern look. I was shocked to see the EPS changes starting so early and growing so large in the 6-10 day. Not even a sizeable change...just a complete flip out west.

Yea. And if we extrapolate the error spread into weeks 2+, the weeklies have become practically useless. 

• Like 2