Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August Discussion/Obs

weatherwiz

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yeah had a nice downpour last hour . Picked up a quick .30 in short order. It stopped and then a big shower formed on top of the mountain here . Considering this area missed every storm since mid July.. we were due for a little happy ending. 

LOL--do you need a sherpa to get you home?

Congrats on your arid conditions.

image.png.7343c52ad1a93757611479b0ccc07c71.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I agree ..the ambience is marginally supportive for TC genesis... not"wish"standing, the cloud features do finish as cyclonically curved at a glance.

image.png.4c6f173f818da8dcb507e6cfff01708f.png

However, and what they don't mention, ...SAL appears to be ingesting it's poison - for the time being..

image.png.3ee97e3d202f7237d3365bb33f32c8b9.png

Not that anyone cares or nothin' ...   They do say low chance so meh. Probably covers it.  It's just that the operational guidance are trying desperately to ruin my irrational hope that the Basin will put up a zero August during CC. 

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Don’t forget most of them had plentiful rains last two weeks with storms that we missed. Maybe Hoth’s area over to coastal SW CT didn’t .. but most of them did 

It feels like it hasn't really rained here since June. A couple sprinkles barely caked the dust, but that's pretty much it. I really feel for the local orchards/farms.

12 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

How are your totals by month for JJA?

Gotta draw from the New Haven data, as I don't track it myself. June was 2.3, July was 0.9, August is 0.9 to date. I'm confident I'm running behind New Haven though. There have been a few measurable events downtown that missed my hood this month. It's starting to remind me of 2016 in Boston around here.

• Like 1

Looks like about 0.2 to 0.25 in my area. Also looks like Wells area in Maine is going to do well. The "coastal" last week gave us a full day of light rain there. Anyhow, it sure was nice to see it coming down today. Can't wait for that week of rain we're bound to get in October, after the growing season is done.

6 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Gotta draw from the New Haven data, as I don't track it myself. June was 2.3, July was 0.9, August is 0.9 to date. I'm confident I'm running behind New Haven though. There have been a few measurable events downtown that missed my hood this month. It's starting to remind me of 2016 in Boston around here.

It's very similar. Little if any water in the ponds and marshes on my property. I've been finding turtles in upland areas. Same thing happened in 2016.

• Like 1