Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August Discussion/Obs

weatherwiz

47 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

.83” Should be some storms around today and in almost all areas it seems. I think the most will be in western CT into western and central MA.

We hope to add to the 0.00” soaker yesterday. 

Not hopeful though. 

Best looks north of 84 to me today. 

Thats a pretty funny storm total map, should add some good numbers to the north today. 

A19C19CE-8285-4ACD-B967-CC4BE92661E7.jpeg

10 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

0.99” on the day.

By no means a drought buster, but not bad. .38” of steady light rain this morning, and then the deluge that added in tonight.

pretty much the same at mi casa, except for the timing. 0.6" from a 3pm deluge, 0.3" from steady light rain later on.

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

BOX literally copies  whatever the Href qpf maps have. Their rainfall map today is a carbon copy of the 00z run and they did it on Sunday for yesterday as well as last weeks fail. That’s not forecasting 

Even they must be bored to tears and checked of after these past several months....most boring year in weather history around here.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

For extreme wx fanatics like me.. I’d rather gouge my eyes out with a soup spoon 

Its brutal, but I take solace in considering it like a deposit in the weather karma bank.....you know this shit evens out over time, so we will get ours eventually....kind of the opposite of a 2015 like stretch when people like scooter are posting about how you should enjoy it because like will suck for decades to come.

1 hour ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

We hope to add to the 0.00” soaker yesterday. 

Not hopeful though. 

Best looks north of 84 to me today. 

Thats a pretty funny storm total map, should add some good numbers to the north today. 

A19C19CE-8285-4ACD-B967-CC4BE92661E7.jpeg

HVN had a massive downpour last night too. Hopefully you guys Sey-Mour Rain

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Its brutal, but I take solace in considering it like a deposit in the weather karma bank.....you know this shit evens out over time, so we will get ours eventually....kind of the opposite of a 2015 like stretch when people like scooter are posting about how you should enjoy it because like will suck for decades to come.

It's coming...

In all seriousness we have had some rather interesting wx up until this year. As a meteorologist hearing that everything is getting wild and worse, it makes me happy to see at the same time. 

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It's coming...

In all seriousness we have had some rather interesting wx up until this year. As a meteorologist hearing that everything is getting wild and worse, it makes me happy to see at the same time. 

It irks me how when me have a moribund tropical season like this, you don't hear a word out of the GW talking heads on the newscasts....but once we get a major LF, they will be right back on it. Don't get me wrong, I don't dispute it, before Tip violates me with the butt-end of his Hadley Cell.....but you know the type that like to use every natural disaster as a an indicator of climate change and just exaggerate the hell out of it.

• Like 1

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Later next week into LD showing signs of a big cool down perhaps. This weekend looks COC-Y too. 

Yea, that is how I interpret things...wall-to-wall sultry this week, but this weekend starts a bit of a regime change. Not to say summer is over by any stretch, but these respites should grow longer and more frequent moving forward.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

It irks me how when me have a moribund tropical season like this, you don't hear a word out of the GW talking heads on the newscasts....but once we get a major LF, they will be right back on it. Don't get me wrong, I don't dispute it, before Tip violates me with the butt-end of his Hadley Cell.....but you know the type that like to use every natural disaster as a an indicator of climate change and just exaggerate the hell out of it.

I know. As a scientist, it's important to look at it from a holistic point of view. We are nearing record low ACE territory. Why shouldn't that be reported? That is a huge detail. It doesn't mean the Earth is not warming...but it might mean the Hadley Cell shifting could cause unfavorable conditions for TCs? That is not necessarily a bad thing from a damage cost/lives lost point of view.  The Pacific is mostly shut down too. Same with tornado counts. Those have been reduced. 

Of course shutting down the tropics could lead to other issues...but just speaking from a "everything will get wild and worse" point of view. 

• Like 2