Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
July 2022

bluewave

1 minute ago, winterwarlock said:

Not sure what they use but its on the former Duke estate converted into parklands preserving its natural ecosystem and vegetation. We have not much if any rain for a month

Some folks missed the clouds/storms on Sat and Sun and prolonged the heatwave in CNJ.  New Brunswick was 91, 89 this weekend past.

3 minutes ago, winterwarlock said:

Not sure what they use but its on the former Duke estate converted into parklands preserving its natural ecosystem and vegetation. We have not much if any rain for a month

Yeah I was curious the temps are very warm in that area.  

• Like 1

It’s brutal outside today but I wonder if the PWS dew points can be biased too high. The airport dew points are in the upper 60s not the low to mid 70s the PWS seems to have. The seabreeze will definitely kick up the humidity though so we might cut 3-5 degrees off the temp but add 3-5 degrees to the dewpoint in places more than a few miles from the beaches. 

5 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

It’s brutal outside today but I wonder if the PWS dew points can be biased too high. The airport dew points are in the upper 60s not the low to mid 70s the PWS seems to have. The seabreeze will definitely kick up the humidity though so we might cut 3-5 degrees off the temp but add 3-5 degrees to the dewpoint in places more than a few miles from the beaches. 

My PWS in Syosset runs high on the DPs when compared to my other PWS in Muttontown, they are 3 miles apart.  Syosset has a DP of 73 while Muttontown has a DP of 67.  The Syosset station is a newer Davis VP2 as well.

8 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

May also be due to style sensor,  height etc? 

Anyone ever try to find the weather stations at any of the area airports with Google maps?  I think I found the jfk one but can't tell but at Newark, I didn't see anything remotely possible.  

What's the standard practice when they locate remote equipment at airports? 

Edit, found a link with a photo of what jfks equipment looks like,  vastly different from say central parks equipment by a big amount. 

16 minutes ago, dWave said:

Tremont/Van Nest, Bx is 99 and Corona, Qns is 98.

I almost always mirror Tremont but I'm 93 in a still pretty wet backyard. Was a pool to now just very moist.

96/97 at the closest ones to me in the southwest bronx right now

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wthrmn654 said:

Found jfk and Newark sensors! 

Yup you can see them on Google maps in satellite view. LGA too. You can actually leave a review for the Central Park one lol. Lower Manhattan Wall St/Heliport one as well.