• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Summer 2022

Tomorrow’s forecast now has rain, just in time for the weekend.

Tonight
A chance of showers and thunderstorms, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 2am. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Cloudy, with a low around 69. Light and variable wind. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms. 
Saturday
Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm before 2pm, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 79. Northeast wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

23 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

PS-The Nam 3K has you getting 2-3" it appears...or close to you. 

Should be an interesting evening radar watching. Southern tier has to be getting pretty soggy - I know you referenced this earlier in the week, but southern Lanco and Chester have been getting hit hard. That area down around Nottingham/Oxford and environs is over 6" in the past 7 days. 

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Should be an interesting evening radar watching. Southern tier has to be getting pretty soggy - I know you referenced this earlier in the week, but southern Lanco and Chester have been getting hit hard. That area down around Nottingham/Oxford and environs is over 6" in the past 7 days. 

Lot's of blues out that way or slightly east.  Central and N Pa looking quite dry.  I am jealous and have to find a way to use environs in a sentence today!  MJS is probably really pondering it. 

image.png.5f569f72889b5ae47fcd4f6f5e4156e8.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Lot's of blues out that way or slightly east.  Central and N Pa looking quite dry.  I am jealous and have to find a way to use environs in a sentence today!  MJS is probably really pondering it. 
image.png.5f569f72889b5ae47fcd4f6f5e4156e8.png

Might have to get some drought watches up in northern And middle tiers.

4 minutes ago, Superstorm said:

Might have to get some drought watches up in northern And middle tiers.

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yea, if LR modeling is correct, its going to get a lot worse. 

It's been a Interstate 81 South and East summer thus far.

I wouldn't mind it if this pattern held in oh say...January 2023? 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

It is back with a vengeance in 18z.  Two days over 100 at 2PM.  Pillow would hit 120.   Would be national crisis. 

The panel from that run that really made an impression on me was the temps at 8am the morning of the second hot day. Yikes.0A09C3F4-2846-4421-84EE-CB7EFAC11581.jpeg.4c0c1fa7f18102150e058227dd44e4dc.jpeg

21 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Could be some low 90's in NJ already. 

Looking back on my records, the hottest temp I've recorded since starting in 2008 was 101F on July 21st 2011.  My 7am ob temp that morning was 80f.   I remember the day quite well as there was a golf tournament that morning and everyone playing were miserable.   

• Like 1

Just now, Cashtown_Coop said:

Looking back on my records, the hottest temp I've recorded since starting in 2008 was 101F on July 21st 2011.  My 7am ob temp that morning was 80f.   I remember the day quite well as there was a golf tournament that morning and everyone playing were miserable.   

So you are not buying the 105-110 temps that version of the GFS spit out?  Ironic that high happened near the normal peak of norms.