Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 12 Rain to…more rain? Maybe some snow

HoarfrostHubb

54 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

BOX thinking only 2” here.  Ah well

Close call there. But I think hedging lower is the way to go on this one. Usually the west slopes of the Berkshires and NW CT are gonna clean up in a setup like this while out east the northwesterly flow starts drying out the atmosphere. So it becomes a race. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Close call there. But I think hedging lower is the way to go on this one. Usually the west slopes of the Berkshires and NW CT are gonna clean up in a setup like this while out east the northwesterly flow starts drying out the atmosphere. So it becomes a race. 

Understandable.  Getting the cold to get here while there is still stuff falling will be more tricky than those areas.

Was hoping Wachusett could get 4+, but alas

9 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That area of lift should blast eastern NY and the Berks in a few hours. But once that passes it’s just some light stuff I think further east. 

Yeah we fight the dry air below 850. There could be a little burst close to 00z as the upper trough gets closer but otherwise I’m pretty meh on this for advisory snow or greater. I think there’s going to be a lot of 1-3” type amounts. 

3 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

NW hills lookin' pretty good, gonna be snowin there soon or at least frozen to star any meaningful precip

000Capture.PNG

RAD_MOS_STATE_NJ_L2WINTER.gif

NW CT and Berkshires are def gonna get hit really good. You can see it setting up really well for them. I wonder if near Danbury and Waterbury could be a sneaky good place. Esp areas above 500 feet. I wouldn’t be shocked to see solid advisory amounts there. 

Further southeast is a question mark. 

• Like 1