Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    17,128
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Jdhuffmanhws
    Newest Member
    Jdhuffmanhws
    Joined

March Medium/Long Range Discussion


WinterWxLuvr
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, stormtracker said:

On March 29th, I hope the high is 42 degrees and cloudy with mist like rain from a cut off low off of the Va capes.  And it continues for a least 5 days.

Perfect timing for spring break :weep:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, stormtracker said:

On March 29th, I hope the high is 42 degrees and cloudy with mist like rain from a cut off low off of the Va capes.  And it continues for a least 5 days.

yea...i am no rush to get into the heat. I hope its icy through early June

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, stormtracker said:

On March 29th, I hope the high is 42 degrees and cloudy with mist like rain from a cut off low off of the Va capes.  And it continues for a least 5 days.

who hurt you?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Weather Will said:

Do ensembles count?

Just a hunch we will see snow of some kind again before it’s really over….above normal for days mid March seems to result in some sort of pattern change down the road.  Who knows 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Tucked and f'ed!! LOL!!

Well, we get green snow for St. Paddy's day!  A wee bit o'Irish weather!

Next winter…money winter.  NBT…nothing but tucked 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would like not to repeat the several weeks of mostly overcast or light rain in May several years ago. I don’t remember the year, but I don’t want it. I don’t need the 80s yet, but I’m good closing the winter tracking until next year’s El Niño. Another sneaky plus of warmer weather is lighter loads in the washer/dryer.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 87storms said:

I would like not to repeat the several weeks of mostly overcast or light rain in May several years ago. I don’t remember the year, but I don’t want it. I don’t need the 80s yet, but I’m good closing the winter tracking until next year’s El Niño. Another sneaky plus of warmer weather is lighter loads in the washer/dryer.

And just as we say that, this almost ruined my evening...smh You've gotta be kidding me

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Chris78 said:

Way to early for enso proclamations. Even later in Summer it's hard to pin down.

Sure as heck hope it's wrong. Because wouldn't La nina conditions persisting into summer pretty much squash chances for a niño? (And I don't wanna think about nina round 3, smh)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Sure as heck hope it's wrong. Because wouldn't La nina conditions persisting into summer pretty much squash chances for a niño? (And I don't wanna think about nina round 3, smh)

Don't know but I bet CAPE is hoping for a 3rd Nina . Ninas have  been good to the eastern shore lately.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

Don't know but I bet CAPE is hoping for a 3rd Nina . Ninas have  been good to the eastern shore lately.

Yeah probably, lol Yes they have for whatever reason...I mean even since the first storm they called "Bomb cyclone" (I'm starting to disdain the term because it now feels overused, lol)...and I think that was the 2017-18 nina...the beach has been where it's at! I wouldn't be surprised if they've got more snow than I-95 that past 6-7 years. Now have ninas before then benefited the shore...or has it been, as you said, just lately?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Sure as heck hope it's wrong. Because wouldn't La nina conditions persisting into summer pretty much squash chances for a niño? (And I don't wanna think about nina round 3, smh)

Nino or nina, we’re due for a blizzard.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ha...Ya know, we talk about the 70s and the lack of snow...look at this:

Screenshot_20220314-214353_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c5955d8f603488ca6d44791f06fb99fc.jpg

1,2,3,4, FIVE Ninas in the 70s...lol Sweet mercy! And in after the first two back-to-back ninas, ya get a break...except it's the big Super Niño of 1972-73 that completely overwhelmed everything and produced almost nothing. So that's 6 winters of the 70s right there! Would explain a lot...lol

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Yeah probably, lol Yes they have for whatever reason...I mean even since the first storm they called "Bomb cyclone" (I'm starting to disdain the term because it now feels overused, lol)...and I think that was the 2017-18 nina...the beach has been where it's at! I wouldn't be surprised if they've got more snow than I-95 that past 6-7 years. Now have ninas before then benefited the shore...or has it been, as you said, just lately?

2016-17 was pretty good too. Also had the big beach snowstorm in early Jan. I was in Rehoboth back to back Januarys for both of those storms.

Eastern parts of the MA can get in on late developing/ Miller B events, which are common in Ninas. The storm no one wants to mention in December 2010 was good for much of Delaware, especially to the east. Even had 5" here.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, CAPE said:

2016-17 was pretty good too. Also had the big beach snowstorm in early Jan. I was in Rehoboth back to back Januarys for both of those storms.

Eastern parts of the MA can get in on late developing/ Miller B events, which are common in Ninas. The storm no one wants to mention in December 2010 was good for much of Delaware, especially to the east. Even had 5" here.

I like you.  That’s why it will pain me when i have to ban you for mentioning that storm 

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

I don’t know why everyone here laments that storm. Except for one batch of model runs, we were never in the game for that.

It was precarious as I recall, but everyone was sort of spoiled from the previous winter, so believing it would happen was easy. Suddenly we were on a heater where big snow events seemingly materialized with ease lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

I don’t know why everyone here laments that storm. Except for one batch of model runs, we were never in the game for that.

I think one reason is the way it hit NC (we got ~13" in Wilson NC which is like 3 years' average in one storm), NJ, NY and New England, but managed stiff the heart of this forum.

 

image.png.8c1d81a2ff97fe2bfb2736087cba7c83.png

  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...