Toothache
New England Overrunning Event 02/03-02/04/22

dryslot

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, IowaStorm05 said:

You're actually really freaking me out too dude. This model run isnt funny and fortunately I still think it is unlikely but this would be really bad.

Really? C’mon chief, grow a pair.

Do you really think you’re gonna get an inch of ice? That almost never ever pan’s out.  Don’t you worry about that happening, cuz It’s not happening. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Just based on the snow maps, doesn’t look like GYX or BTV are buying the more southerly GFS solutions. Cutoff for good snow is in central to southern NH.

I like Rutland to Dendy and northward.

ICON actually looked about my thoughts for the main snow line despite the model and it’s history.

Could get some latent heat burps north too in the last 36 hours.  The south push has stopped and she starts ticking back north.

1 hour ago, das said:

4" of sleet in MD (2.9" liquid equivalent) in late February lasted until mid-April back in the 90's.  It was glorious.

2-3:1 ratios, Imagine that as snow.

9 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

Sorry bud, I'll try not to post anything that might scare you.

Naked and afraid?    :yikes:

6 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Just based on the snow maps, doesn’t look like GYX or BTV are buying the more southerly GFS solutions. Cutoff for good snow is in central to southern NH.

I'll make a believer out of you yet, Your just a stubborn Terrapin.........:lol:

SWFE.jpg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I noticed that too. They went out of their way to carve coastal York County and SNH out of the watch area, and only show about 4-5" for greater Portland (which does sound about right for a garden-variety SWFE around here).

47 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

pretty nasty for NW CT verbatim

yeah I'm not liking the ice solutions, believe we'll have more sleet than IP here, then maybe a couple inches on top of SN, but not liking the trends, do like where I am compared to the rest of CT, these SWFEs usually follow a path along 84 with the line, we'll see if the press wins out, hard to forecast these

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Really? C’mon chief, grow a pair.

Do you really think you’re gonna get an inch of ice? That almost never ever pan’s out.  Don’t you worry about that happening, cuz It’s not happening. 

If you don't show me the heartwarming respect I deserve I am going to the Franklin Zoo and shall climb into the gorilla enclosure at once and beat my chest profusely while naked and making hoot sounds.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, tavwtby said:

yeah I'm not liking the ice solutions, believe we'll have more sleet than IP here, then maybe a couple inches on top of SN, but not liking the trends, do like where I am compared to the rest of CT, these SWFEs usually follow a path along 84 with the line, we'll see if the press wins out, hard to forecast these

yeah and they are usually sleet. In swfe-heavy years, I'm the sleet capitol of the world.

• Like 1

Just now, mahk_webstah said:

Maybe a little conservative unless there’s significant non-snow.  1.25-1.5 qpf here.  A little low for a swfe 

I would not expect them to go balls in out of the gate, Ratios won't be real high in this especially from the start but should get better as we get colder thru the column but how much precip falls before that is the question.