• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 28th/29th Event Obs - From KU to FU?

JTA66

3 minutes ago, jhotdog said:

Hope u guys are right about the heavy stuff moving northwest. Cause this light stuff isn’t going to add up fast for Redsky and myself. 3.25 including earlier stuff.

Dude your setting it on fire 3.25! 

.50" storm here for a big 1.10" lol 

Light snow and bored to tears with this not even in the game

2 hours ago, RU848789 said:

As of about 9:35, we're up to 1"!! Coming down close to moderately at 30F. Didn't expect to have an inch until 11-12, so feels like we're ahead of schedule

•  

As of 11:30 pm, up to 1.8", but only 0.3" the last hour, as the intensity let up some. Down to 29F. Radar looks like some heavier bands are en route.

1 minute ago, RedSky said:

I just realized the full extent of this debacle that it's even worse here than Boxing Day I had 6" :facepalm:

Dude weren’t you only under a winter weather advisory? Plus the storm isn’t even close to over yet… storm is still on track for a large part of the sub forum. I know it sucks being on the wrong side of the gradient but there will be another storm where you get smoked while 95 east rains or sleets.

7 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

Dude weren’t you only under a winter weather advisory? Plus the storm isn’t even close to over yet… storm is still on track for a large part of the sub forum. I know it sucks being on the wrong side of the gradient but there will be another storm where you get smoked while 95 east rains or sleets.

It's not about expectations  but thought it might overperform slightly and 5" at 13:1 was a 50% chance, not happening

* advisory is 4-7"

• Weenie 1

11 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Been watching radar trends and seems it won't extend W more than a little outside Reading. Could blow up offshore and do so...just what I see as of now, who knows? 

27F/mod snow

bw.jpg

Cutoff will probably hang out in Berks, into Schuylkill and Carbon counties overnight. I’m glad to be east of it even if I’m not getting in on the good stuff.

17 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Been watching radar trends and seems it won't extend W more than a little outside Reading. Could blow up offshore and do so...just what I see as of now, who knows? 

27F/mod snow

bw.jpg

So frustrating to be strattling the fringe but at least we get to watch flakes fly even if it doesn’t amount to much.  I would say that western cutoffs is right where it was predicted to be and just as razor sharp.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

Roaring down here even in W Atlantic right now, wind picking up also, SWS just issued. Buddy in OC is getting at least 2 inch an hour rates.

...Heavy snow and increasing winds are expected to produce rapidly deteriorating conditions during the overnight hours...

At 1220 am, radar indicated a band of heavy snow extending from Caroline County in Maryland and Sussex County in Delaware north-northeast to Monmouth County in New Jersey. Spotters and the public have reported heavy snow rates with this band, exceeding one to two inches per hour. The band is nearly stationary, suggesting that heavy snow accumulations are likely in this corridor during the overnight hours. Additionally, a second band of heavy snow appears to be developing near the southern New Jersey coast. Winds have increased considerably along the coast in the past couple of hours, with reductions in visibility to a half mile or less in several spots. Blizzard conditions are likely to develop in the next few hours in these areas, with severe reductions in visibility and nearly impossible travel conditions.

Travel is strongly discouraged in southern New Jersey, central and southern Delaware, and northeast Maryland through the morning hours. If you must travel, bring a winter survival kit. If you become stranded, stay with your vehicle.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

• Like 4
  • Weenie 1

Wind starting to pick up and the light fluffy nature of the snow is making it difficult to get a good measurement. Averaged around 2.5” measuring in multiple spots across the yard away from roofs and trees. 3” including this mornings snow. My snowboard is useless tonight though lol I think we are in good shape to hit warning criteria down here with the HRRR not tapering things off until noon tomorrow. I think between 2-6 am should see our heaviest stuff though or it may just be this steady .5”/hr stuff though until it lightens up. All in all pretty good storm so far down here. Would love to hear more reports down on SNJ. They look to be getting slammed. Definitely on track for my expectations of 6” though. I definitely recommend taking a night walk which I may do in a few hours. Feels like SNE powdah storm. I’m enjoying this one so far. Chasing just doesn’t have the same memorability as experiencing it in your backyard.  No knock to anyone that chases though, different strokes for different folks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SmokeEater said:

Roaring down here even in W Atlantic right now, wind picking up also, SWS just issued. Buddy in OC is getting at least 2 inch an hour rates.

...Heavy snow and increasing winds are expected to produce rapidly deteriorating conditions during the overnight hours...

At 1220 am, radar indicated a band of heavy snow extending from Caroline County in Maryland and Sussex County in Delaware north-northeast to Monmouth County in New Jersey. Spotters and the public have reported heavy snow rates with this band, exceeding one to two inches per hour. The band is nearly stationary, suggesting that heavy snow accumulations are likely in this corridor during the overnight hours. Additionally, a second band of heavy snow appears to be developing near the southern New Jersey coast. Winds have increased considerably along the coast in the past couple of hours, with reductions in visibility to a half mile or less in several spots. Blizzard conditions are likely to develop in the next few hours in these areas, with severe reductions in visibility and nearly impossible travel conditions.

Travel is strongly discouraged in southern New Jersey, central and southern Delaware, and northeast Maryland through the morning hours. If you must travel, bring a winter survival kit. If you become stranded, stay with your vehicle.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Enjoy man! Curious to see if your blizzard warnings end up verifying. How much do you think you have so far? 

5 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

Wind starting to pick up and the light fluffy nature of the snow is making it difficult to get a good measurement. Averaged around 2.5” measuring in multiple spots across the yard away from roofs and trees. My snowboard is useless tonight though lol I think we are in good shape to hit warning criteria down here with the HRRR not tapering things off until noon tomorrow. I think between 2-6 am should see our heaviest stuff though or it may just be this steady .5”/hr stuff though until it lightens up. All in all pretty good storm so far down here. Would love to hear more reports down on SNJ. They look to be getting slammed. Definitely on track for my expectations of 6” though. I definitely recommend taking a night walk which I may do in a few hours. Feels like SNE powdah storm. I’m enjoying this one so far. Chasing just doesn’t have the same memorability as experiencing it in your backyard. 

Totally agree...like to see snow/wind happen in my familiar surroundings. From a distance, it's still cool but just not the same but I'll take it, better than nothing. 

• Like 2