• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 28th/29th Event Obs - From KU to FU?

JTA66

2 hours ago, WebBreaker63 said:

I think Hazwoper is in Wrightstown PA, I work in Wrightstown NJ in Burlington County - by Fort Dix

I get folks that confuse Southampton PA and NJ, I tell them the one in NJ don't have Street Rd to deal with - they don't get it :)

Ahh okay... missed that. :lol:

As an obs, currently 32 with dp 28 and except for grassy/mulched areas, the 0.5" of snow that I got from round 1 (PRE) is gone.  Am attaching the 18z 3k NAM.

floop-nam4km-2022012818.ref1km_ptype.us_ma-18z-jan29-31-storm-01272022.gif

floop-nam4km-2022012818.sn10_acc.us_ma-18z-jan29-31-storm-snow-012022.gif

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

No wonder models had some challenges with this storm. Pick a low...any low. And COD website is pretty good with their surface analysis...one of the tops:

SE.fronts.gif.74280600563ad8ba95f8e0b7149c2a02.gif

I have been talking about the "dance of the lows" the past couple days.  And the models were depicting the do si do and other dance moves up the coast. :D

giphy.gif

• Haha 4

I’m actually in probably the best possible location in SE PA for this one being at the very tip of the lower keystone so hoping that pays off. My expectations are warning level snows, 6”. Root for me to get a foot though because that means you guys n and w will be getting higher totals too :lol: light snow has begun, good luck everyone… And if anyone is on the fringe I got a case of beer in the fridge, come on over for a snow party :drunk:

• Like 8
  • Weenie 1

13 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Getting light snow here, it finally moved north from Delaware after sitting there for an hour or so. 33F currently. Snow from earlier today measured 1.9", still have most of it especially in shady areas. Driveway starting to get redusted (did do a little shovelling earlier).

Light snow here from my perch in Middletown Township (Delco). 32F.

I sit between you and Kevin Reilly. Interestingly I tend to see less snow than both of you by about 2" per storm. The snow from earlier today was barely a coating and dissipated pretty fast. I don't have a lot of elevation compared to other parts of Glen Mills. It's almost like we sit in a pocket. Maybe that has something to do with it. 

35 minutes ago, blackhound said:

Light snow here from my perch in Middletown Township (Delco). 32F.

I sit between you and Kevin Reilly. Interestingly I tend to see less snow than both of you by about 2" per storm. The snow from earlier today was barely a coating and dissipated pretty fast. I don't have a lot of elevation compared to other parts of Glen Mills. It's almost like we sit in a pocket. Maybe that has something to do with it. 

That is strange. I thought you had more elevation (over 400 ft.), although in this case I don't think it has much to do with elevation.

Currently getting some variable SN- to SN from a band that has been overhead and had a heavier return (attached in this post) that moved through briefly and added a coating back to the bare cars and colder/untreated surfaces where there was snow melt/evaporation.

It is below freezing now at 31 with dp 28.

radar39-01282022.png