• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 28th/29th Event Obs - From KU to FU?

JTA66

Am in a pixie dust pause at the moment, so nothing being added to my 0.5". However a little band with some heavier returns appears to be headed this way so will see what happens.  Currently 31 with dp 28.  I actually have some melt that tipped the bucket in my station for 0.01" (have the Stratus out with funnel and inner tube removed to collect whatever it captures to do a SWE if I'm up to it).

6 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

Most guidance has me around 4-6" for the event. I'm already closing in on 2" and none of it's from the coastal. Yeah, I'm taking the over.

Same, brushed off the car and backed it in. Looking at the radar I think 3"+ before the "actually" storm starts...

30F/snow

s2.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Iceman said:

You're cleaning up with the front right now Paul, I don't think any model had your area at almost 2" already. Even though you may be too far west for the best banding of the coastal, you may still score a decent event. 

Justin you are correct! my point and click had 0.5" possible by this evening.....snow continues to fall steadily but lightly -latest HRRR looks like we may never stop snowing as the coastal begins to throw moisture back to the west. That said much less snow will clearly fall here in the NW burbs compared to philly and points east!!

• Like 1