• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 28th/29th Event Obs - From KU to FU?

JTA66

2 hours ago, RU848789 said:

As of 4:30 am, we're up to about 4.75" (difficult to measure with blowing/drifting snow) as we had good intensity for awhile, but then it waned, giving us 0.5" last hour. NWS forecast as of 4 am was for 4-6" more snow, so I'm thinking we'll get to 8-10", which would be a great snowstorm. All the way down to 23F.

Ok, woke up and saw that the radar from about 5 am to 7 am was meh and measured about 5.5" at 7 am (very tough to measure with wind blown snow even in our backyard where usually wind doesn't affect measurements that much), which meant we only got 3/4" over the last 2.5 hours. Looking at the radar now, if those bands east of us can't make it here, there's no way we're going to make it to my 8.25" prediction, which I thought was a lock at 4 am. There was always going to be a sharp NW cutoff and we may be the victim of that. 21F now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

Ok, woke up and saw that the radar from about 5 am to 7 am was meh and measured about 5.5" at 7 am (very tough to measure with wind blown snow even in our backyard where usually wind doesn't affect measurements that much), which meant we only got 3/4" over the last 2.5 hours. Looking at the radar now, if those bands east of us can't make it here, there's no way we're going to make it to my 8.25" prediction, which I thought was a lock at 4 am. There was always going to be a sharp NW cutoff and we may be the victim of that. 21F now.

yup the cutoff is real I have about 2” it’s been light pixie dust and occasionally light snow since 8pm. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Yeah I was thinking the pushing thing would be a bear although at least it wouldn't have a chute that gets clogged. :lol:

WPC did a surface map about 2 1/2 hours ago and that thing is way west - sortof where GFS had said it would be awhile ago.

WPC-surface-map-as-of-542am-jan29-01292022.PNG

COD-GOES-East-regional-eastcoast.truecolor.20220129.121617-over=map-bars-true-color-01292022.gif

So did the double barrel low not really happen or did it consolidate west?

10 minutes ago, 21chuck said:

So did the double barrel low not really happen or did it consolidate west?

I think it is still there and strung out with what might be showing up as the "dominant" one being west.  Might be that irregular blob of convection on the below. (edit - I annotated it as a WAG) - And I just edited my earlier post - meant WAY EAST (am still sucking down coffee this morning :wacko:)

COD-GOES-East-regional-eastcoast.truecolor.20220129.123117-over=map-bars-truecolor-annotated-01292022.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WebBreaker63 said:

Bands don't seem to becoming west of GSP - I always found it interesting on the weather boarders throughout the years, In NJ it was always west of the GSP (today its east) or the I95 corridor, I 76 etc.,

image.png.0781286f7702522e8adb6a07b1d52b55.png

If that band shifted just 15-20 miles west, lots of people would be under 2-3 inch rates with these ratios.  I'm on the very western edge of it.   Still bonkers rates since 330AM

Continues to snow steadily back here in East Nantmeal Twp with another 0.5" of snow falling since 530am. Our snow total so far from the storm is 5.3" (3.3" since midnight) . Radar shows snow backing westbound so may pick up some additional accumulations this AM. Temp is at 15.8 (low for the day)

2 minutes ago, Violentweatherfan said:

Still looks like it could sling some more moisture back on to our forum area for a good bit.

As it continues to move NE eventually that main band is going to start to pivot and come east.  The far edge of it has literally been way back across Lancaster for the past 12 hours (regardless of how little might actually be making it to the ground out there), although I noticed it is now moving away to the east from there and is getting closer to the border of far western Chester County.